5 Years of Syrian Civil War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 Years of Syrian Civil War

When I read the title of the article I'm about to share, my motherly nature couldn't help but feel an angst of pain for the children of Syria who have been suffering the most since the civil war broke out almost 5 years ago. Children are dying because of lack of food, medicine, and electricity which they all need to survive. The sieges from conflicting groups that cause snipers to shoot anyone they see leaving a certain area resulted to children being killed even before they reach the warehouses which are full of aid.

Malnutrition causes these children to feed on inedible food just to survive their hunger while Syrian vets treat the sick due to the inability of access from aid especially in areas which are hard to reach by aid workers.

Next week, the Syrian war is turning 6 already. Many lives including the lives of innocent children have already been sacrificed because of this war. I am pained to see them suffer like this but the only thing I could do now as an individual is to keep on praying for peace in that part of the world.

Here's a link to the article:

http://news.sky.com/story/1656177/sy...n-to-be-killed
    Last edited by gracer; 03-13-2016, 08:36 PM.
    xTinx likes this.

Originally posted by gracer View Post
    When I read the title of the article I'm about to share, my motherly nature couldn't help but feel an angst of pain for the children of Syria who have been suffering the most since the civil war broke out almost 5 years ago. Children are dying because of lack of food, medicine, and electricity which they all need to survive. The sieges from conflicting groups that cause snipers to shoot anyone they see leaving a certain area resulted to children being killed even before they reach the warehouses which are full of aid.

Malnutrition causes these children to feed on inedible food just to survive their hunger while Syrian vets treat the sick due to the inability of access from aid especially in areas which are hard to reach by aid workers.

Next week, the Syrian war is turning 5 already. Many lives including the lives of innocent children have already been sacrificed because of this war. I am pained to see them suffer like this but the only thing I could do now as an individual is to keep on praying for peace in that part of the world.

Here's a link to the article:

http://news.sky.com/story/1656177/sy...n-to-be-killed
    I understand your sentiments all too well. My heart goes out to the people of Syria who've been displaced not just by the civil war but by the activities ISIS members are carrying out in various parts of the country. I feel the same for the Palestinians in Gaza and the Yazidi women constantly raped and sold across ISIS strongholds in the Middle East. It's taking a long time to resolve these conflicts but I hope with all my heart that they will be saved and we will soon see an end to their suffering.
    gracer likes this.

Comment

Man, this is awful. What makes it more sad is that, at least where I live, you never hear it in the news and you never hear about anyone helping. America ( and other countries ) will easily send thousands of troops to Iraq to take their oil, but they won't help Syria's women, children and young and elderly escape the horror that their country is facing. What also bothers me is that this gives Muslims a bad image. I have a Muslim friend and he is the nicest, most polite gentleman I have ever come across, they are not all bad people just because they believe in something different. Regards to the population of Syria and I send my sentiments.
      gracer likes this.

Comment

Unfortunately these types of civil conflicts are only going to get worst.
        Global warming will cause agricultural yields to decrease.
        Modern telecommunications means poor people and people living under terrible regimes get to see the freedom and abundance the west has.
        Religious fundamentalism is also on the rise.
        These and many other factors will increase pressure on many governments.
        This is just the start of a trend of civil unrest and widespread displacement of millions of people.

Comment

In this article, it is said that the estimate of people who died could have reached around 470,000. That's almost half a million people dying from war in a span of 6 years. It's even more saddening to think that among these deaths are a huge number of innocent children who never deserved to die like that. These children are supposed to be the future of humanity and they could have had a bright future ahead of them if only their lives were not cut so early in their lives. The remaining families and children live in uncertainty every day and all they could do is hope for another waking morning for themselves. It's a painful thought and from a person who's not experiencing what the Syrian people are going through every day, this makes me appreciate my life more but I'm also hurting for those people who are suffering right now.

https://www.disaster.com/forums/foru...rian-civil-war

Comment

I guess, this conflict now is extremely complex and entangled. Initially, there were like 2 or 3 sides. Nowadays it's up to 10. Of course, each one of them but government wants Asad and his family to leave. Some of them even want them dead. ISIS, for instance. They do regard Asad as a trophy. It's been 5 years and it's only getting worse. As of yet, I can't see the way out. A ceasefire is totally fine. However, treaties like that are often violated. Left and right, I'd say. So, I don't put much trust in it.

Comment

Originally posted by artyarson View Post
              I guess, this conflict now is extremely complex and entangled. Initially, there were like 2 or 3 sides. Nowadays it's up to 10. Of course, each one of them but government wants Asad and his family to leave. Some of them even want them dead. ISIS, for instance. They do regard Asad as a trophy. It's been 5 years and it's only getting worse. As of yet, I can't see the way out. A ceasefire is totally fine. However, treaties like that are often violated. Left and right, I'd say. So, I don't put much trust in it.
              It really is a sad situation for residents especially the innocent children who are still trapped inside the civil war. As it continues, more lives are at stake and more children are losing their chance of a bright future. How many more years will the innocent ones suffer from this war? To add more injury to this is the presence of ISIS and the threat they carry over people who disagree with them.

Comment

The civil war in Syria was prompted by interference from the Western Countries who wants to see the back of the Assad regime in Syria. This intervention has created a situation of destruction, killing and suffering. It is believed that Jihadist groups like ISIS arose out of this situation also. I weep for all those innocent people who got caught in the process and have faced sufferation, lost their lives, and have been dislocated.
                gracer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by explorerx7 View Post
                  The civil war in Syria was prompted by interference from the Western Countries who wants to see the back of the Assad regime in Syria. This intervention has created a situation of destruction, killing and suffering. It is believed that Jihadist groups like ISIS arose out of this situation also. I weep for all those innocent people who got caught in the process and have faced sufferation, lost their lives, and have been dislocated.
                  I do have to agree to an extent. George Bush and Tony Blair have got a lot to answer for and in my opinion should be tried for war crimes, after leading the US and the UK into an illegal war in Iraq. Dictator regimes are distasteful, but they keep groups like Al Queda and Daesh in check. In my opinion that is the lesser of two evils. Pandora's Box has now been opened and I fear that we will never be able to close it again.

Comment

Originally posted by preppergirl View Post

I do have to agree to an extent. George Bush and Tony Blair have got a lot to answer for and in my opinion should be tried for war crimes, after leading the US and the UK into an illegal war in Iraq. Dictator regimes are distasteful, but they keep groups like Al Queda and Daesh in check. In my opinion that is the lesser of two evils. Pandora's Box has now been opened and I fear that we will never be able to close it again.
                    Well said. I agree with you assessment. This situation seems to be akin to "Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall, Humpty Dumpty had a great fall, all the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty Dumpty together again." Yes, it's questionable if whether there will be stability in the Middle East anytime soon or ever again.

Comment

The middle east as always been the most unstable part of the world, and all the west did when we went over there, was make things ten times worse. We turned a bad situation into one that's now worse than its ever been before, and we are now in the predicament of saying do we go back in again at the risk of making it worse like we did last time, or sit back and do nothing?

Either way we can't win because at one point or another, the west is going to gave to be held accountable for what's taking place in the region.
                      gracer likes this.

Comment

Here's a related article I found, it shows the history of the Syrian war and how it started and how it progressed all these years. It really is painful seeing the children in this state. Imagine how much more painful it is for them to live their lives everyday in fear and uncertainty. Water is scarce and is rationed to them. They don't have a steady flow of where to get their financial aids from. Food is scarce as well. There's that fear that one day, you might find your family dead or might never see them again.

Apparently, the intensity of the war in Syria has gone down as compared to before. Right now, there is a hope for a possible ending of the war. There was a ceasefire last February 27. Let's all pray for this to happen.
                        It began with pro-democracy protests on March 15, 2011, eventually becoming a revolution.
                        gracer likes this.

Comment

Working...
                        X