North Korea Bombards South With Used Toilet Paper

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea Bombards South With Used Toilet Paper

Well now .... that's a new one. Apparently North Korea has sent waves of balloons into South Korea that contained such things as used toilet paper and facial tissues and cigarette butts. It was initially feared to be an attack, but that is not the case. It does make one wonder if the government in Pyongyang is readying an assault of whoopee cushions next.

The Telegraph has details on the high jinks here.
    "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

What a childish prank. Having been isolated for a long time now, North Korea's maturity appears to be lagging behind. Led by an equally childish leader, their mature neighbor has to stretch its patience and avoid rising to the occasion for the sake of "peace."

Comment

Agreed, the lack of maturity is disturbing. Not so much that it is sophomoric idiocy, but the mind behind said has at his disposal one of the largest standing armies, a massive chemical weapons stockpile, and an, albeit small and crude, nuclear weapons arsenal. It is hard to imagine this is going to end well.
      Last edited by ASurvivor; 02-10-2016, 10:10 AM.

Comment

I also read about this on the news and I can say that it's really very disgusting and immature. It is indeed very disturbing to know that they have all sorts of chemical weapons that can be used against their enemy countries upon the immature leader's command.

Comment

Originally posted by gracer View Post
          I also read about this on the news and I can say that it's really very disgusting and immature. It is indeed very disturbing to know that they have all sorts of chemical weapons that can be used against their enemy countries upon the immature leader's command.

In case you are curious, the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) has run down of North Korea's chemical weapons capability here and their biological weapons program here. I just thought I'd pass it along.

Comment

Originally posted by ASurvivor View Post

In case you are curious, the Nuclear Threat Initiative (NTI) has run down of North Korea's chemical weapons capability here and their biological weapons program here. I just thought I'd pass it along.
            The information contained in the links are really scary. I'm beginning to think that it is a fortunate thing that the North only thought of bombarding the South with used sanitary items. It is still a negative and immature thing to do but thinking about the massive amount of chemical and biological weapons that they could release through different means anytime made me realize that the toilet paper thing is the lesser evil.

Comment

Would this be considered an act of biological warfare??
              To be honest whenever I hear what NK is up too I always have a laugh.. I don't particularly take their threats seriously...

Comment

I'm quite okay with North Korea bombarding these balloons instead of the chemical weapons and biological weapons they could have sent. Though the article you linked did say it's not accurate that they do have such weapons, it can still be scary that some reports confirm that they do have Anthrax and other biological and chemical weapons. I'm mostly afraid of such weapons because they create not just death but suffering. And I think we all fear suffering rather than dying. I'd choose death over a lifetime of pain and suffering.

Comment

What a strange conflict. By making it immature, they make it seem less serious. It just proves how pointless and foolish the entire conflict is. Of course it's better than sending actual bombs and at least the South can be grateful for that. I don't understand what they're getting at though. What exactly do they plan to achieve by continuing with this type of conflict? Eventually one of the countries are going to take things seriously and actually attack, I'm betting on the North doing this. If their claims of the ridiculous, powerful weapons that they own are true, then South Korea may be in for some trouble.

Comment

That is the most childish thing I have ever heard. I really hope this was perpetrated by children, because if adults did this then they were out of line. I hate to judge, but that is a seriously unsanitary act of ... I want to say idiocy, but I hate calling people idiots. Maybe in this circumstance I could make an exception.

Comment

Working...
                    X