are you in a disaster prone area?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• are you in a disaster prone area?

1. Do you know which disasters your area is most susceptible to? Disasters occur in the most unexpected way and can cause havoc to your family if not prepared for. That’s why its wise to learn which disasters that are most likely to happen in your area and stay ready. If you know, please name your area and the disaster most likely to occur. I am from central Kenya and sometimes we face heavy storms which can cause food shortage since maize can’t withstand heavy rains.

I just think this tread is out of place. Maybe in other subforums . It does not fit in World and Regional Conflicts .

Comment

I am in VA on the east coast of the US. We are prone mostly to hurricanes, tropical storms, and ice storms. We have also been having more earthquakes lately, but nothing above 4.0.

Comment

The city where I live is safe from Earthquakes but it is not safe from flood, Every monsoon season here is like a living hell. Floods can get as high to the point that people are on the top of their roof begging for a rescue. The only bright side, my city is not a part of a feared fault line. If the flood problems can be solved, this city would be perfect I really wanted all these for problems to be gone.

Comment

Except for the ongoing war between Ukraine and Russia we're pretty much disaster-free, except for some cases of flooding and earthquakes. I live in Bucharest and earthquakes are something that even though they're pretty rare, they can really shake up the ground and be really powerful.

Comment

In the past, when I lived in Australia, we mostly experienced tropical cyclones, floods, and bush fires. Over the years I have been through many challenging times. Sometimes we were cut off from civilization for several weeks. Where I currently live, we are mostly worried about earth quakes, which happen relatively often in our region. The last one occurred only two month ago, when we had to evacuate out building during a medium strength tremor. Let's hope things will stay calm for the rest of the year.

Comment

There's not a lot of disasters going on in my city, except for storms. In this time of the year it usually rains a lot in my state, it's raining everyday! And we have been victims of floods in several parts of the city, which affects cars, houses, animals and people in general. And the problem here is that people don't always take proper precautions (including me) which can makes coping with this situations even a more difficult thing to do.
              Last edited by anorexorcist; 08-04-2015, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X