China Launched Two New Satellites Into Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China Launched Two New Satellites Into Space

Yes! This is the latest news that china launched two satellite into space on Saturday, according to the article as it builds a homegrown satellite navigation system to rival the US's Global positioning System. The new satellites will be deployed in "testing a new type of navigation signalling and inter-satellite links". It looks like that china is continuously increasing their approach towards the technologies which is good for us as well as providing better navigation services. The navigation services will be use in the transportation and weather forecasting sectors. The Beiduo System is currently used for civilian services. It has also military applications as well.

Keep up the great work China!!.A sign of becoming a leader in the space program.Maybe its a way of telling "Thanks" to the USA.If you remember,the US blocked China from joining the International Space Station group and they are doing wonder on their own.Times change.

Comment

That is a great news. Another advance technology for China.
      I just don't why this thread is posted in World and Regional Conflicts Unless you have the idea that this satellite would be used for battles and war or something. As you have mentioned, there is a military usage of the satellite.

Comment

Exactly, it would be ignorant to just assume they were using their satellites for nefarious reasons. We place satellites up in space all the time. When I say all the time I mean relative to how often other countries do, and I think it would be unfair to say China has bad intentions in mind by launching these satellites. People in other countries are just as ambitious as we can be. Anyway, I wonder what our next move in space will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Mae View Post
          That is a great news. Another advance technology for China.
          I just don't why this thread is posted in World and Regional Conflicts Unless you have the idea that this satellite would be used for battles and war or something. As you have mentioned, there is a military usage of the satellite.
          It does have military applications.China will not rely on US made GPS for their military systems anymore. Chinese inter-continental and aircraft carrier killer missiles are now all the more dangerous.
          This satellite is a game changer.They last launched their 17th a decade back,so there must have been some technology into it.

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post
            It does have military applications.China will not rely on US made GPS for their military systems anymore. Chinese inter-continental and aircraft carrier killer missiles are now all the more dangerous.
            This satellite is a game changer.They last launched their 17th a decade back,so there must have been some technology into it.
            I fear that if they would use that for Military uses then even US would tremble. Knowing that these days, there are lots of conflicts that China are into. United States of America is also one of the countries that is dealing with the Chinese Government. I hope this really would not be used for war.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Mae View Post
              I fear that if they would use that for Military uses then even US would tremble. Knowing that these days, there are lots of conflicts that China are into. United States of America is also one of the countries that is dealing with the Chinese Government. I hope this really would not be used for war.
              I guess they aren't using it for war.As quoted 'testing a new type of navigation signalling and inter-satellite links" as well as providing navigation services"
              Military applications will be there but if its restricted to communication,it will be a good news for the rest of the world.News doing the rounds is that the CAAC (Aviation Admnistration) will use it to monitor cargo & passenger flights and as well as rescue operations after a plane crash.

Comment

Working...
              X