Japan joins US-Australia war games amid China tensions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Japan joins US-Australia war games amid China tensions

Here is another story .. the tension is just getting hotter and hotter everyday!
    The South China Sea Islands disputes are hot these days. You may have heard of China, US, Japan, Philippines etc.

Japan joined the military exercises both land, water and air drills. Together they practiced, China is getting nervous about this for sure. As stated by the said countries, it is just a friendly drill to improve their skills.

In reality, we don't know why such exercises are being done. Is there a war coming? Think about it.
    From Yahoo News: The United States and Australia kicked off a massive joint biennial military exercise on Sunday, with Japan taking part for the first time as tensions with China over territorial rows loom over the drills. The two-week "Talisman Sabre" exercise in the Northern Territory and Queensland state involves 30,000 personnel from the US and Australia practising operations at sea, in the air and on land. Some 40 personnel from Japan's army -- the Ground Self-Defense Force (JGSDF) -- will join the American contingent, while more than 500 troops from New Zealand are also involved in the exercise, which concludes on July 21.

According to the article, China is also claiming some lands in Japan just like what they are doing in the Philippines. I hope everything works out without a need for a war. Many people will suffer if that happens, especially children and old people. I hope diplomatic talks and discussions can fix these land issues. After all, should we sacrifice lives just for a piece of land?

Comment

Originally posted by Briannagodess View Post
      According to the article, China is also claiming some lands in Japan just like what they are doing in the Philippines. I hope everything works out without a need for a war. Many people will suffer if that happens, especially children and old people. I hope diplomatic talks and discussions can fix these land issues. After all, should we sacrifice lives just for a piece of land?
      I guess the Chinese Government have seen how rich the islands are. Yes, there are Japanese Islands too being claimed by China. There are Philippine Islands too, the Spratlys at Panatag Shoal. China just want to extend there territory. These said islands don't belong to them.

Comment

As far as their drills go in deploying and practicing naval tactics, why shouldn't they be allowed to hone their skills. We here in the United States are able to practice any military exercises we please without the threat of someone else encroaching on our space. We don't receive the same criticisms for it. Yet we like to condemn other countries for doing the same things that we have done in building up our military and military technology. Who's to say they aren't really just trying to better their military for defense purposes?

Comment

Gomer3d
          I do hope these military drills are just that, drills to better their army. I guess, with the tension arising because of the issue of land ownership between the countries, even simple military drills are perceived as a threat. We really cannot blame the public or media for thinking that as there is an issue involving the countries that are having military drills.

Comment

personally i am glad Japan is involving in these kind of exercises.Japan is a power that the chinese will have to contend with in the near future,because they are quite renowned in military prowess as well as their technological expertise and knowledge in the building of military equipment, from aircraft to submarines.
            On the lighter side,the Japanese are like the Israelis who will take American made equipment and make improvements to it and then the U.S.

Comment

The biggest weakness of Japan now is their population. Their country have more elderly people than children at this moment. They need to start accepting more immigrants but they have to be strict on who to accept so they won't have the same situation Sweden's Malmo. They also need to give monetary benefits to couples who will have more than one children. I think that is how Australia convinces couples to have more children. Japan should also try to make the adoption of foreign babies easier so infertile couples can have children faster.

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post
                personally i am glad Japan is involving in these kind of exercises.Japan is a power that the chinese will have to contend with in the near future,because they are quite renowned in military prowess as well as their technological expertise and knowledge in the building of military equipment, from aircraft to submarines.
                On the lighter side,the Japanese are like the Israelis who will take American made equipment and make improvements to it and then the U.S.
                Japan is smart when it comes to technology. They are the ones that is leads when it comes to technology. But as Billy stated, Japan is out of population. Compare it to China who is the most populous country in the world, Japan is like a dot when it comes to population so when war comes .. there is a big possibility that China is more unto Japan. Though this drills are good , unity amongst nations

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Mae View Post
                  Japan is smart when it comes to technology. They are the ones that is leads when it comes to technology. But as Billy stated, Japan is out of population. Compare it to China who is the most populous country in the world, Japan is like a dot when it comes to population so when war comes .. there is a big possibility that China is more unto Japan. Though this drills are good , unity amongst nations
                  When a war comes china will win it without any intervention from other countries,but with it i would say japanese can take down China with ease.
                  When China and japan go on war terms we might as well have to say hello to WW-III.

If some country attacks Japan it means the US bases in japan will also be attacked, so the US gets involved. The US gets involved,and acc to ANZUS agreement you will have Australia and New Zealand getting involved, and if a member of the British commonwealth gets involved, so does the rest of it. On China's side you'll have North Korea as an ally, and Russia might want to jump in with China as well.

No one would want it happening but yes predictions will always be there.

Comment

Working...
                  X