Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China conducts 'live-fire' sea drill

This is another trembling news.
    For those who does not know yet, China is claiming and island that is being claimed by Japan and Philippines too. Just lately, Japan, US and the Philippines had a friendly drills . They had cooperation together. As for few hours ago, China had its live-fire drill also. This is a trembling news because what if both nations are practicing for war.

JAPAN + PHiLIPPINES + US versus CHINA ?
    Surely there would be lots of countries involved. On the past months, China is very angry with US because it is joining the territorial disputes. US is on the shield of the Philippines but that does not make us permanently safe for China is raging and rumbling. Peace on earth!

More of the news @
    From Yahoo News: China's military carried out a "live-fire confrontation drill" on Thursday in the Yellow Sea in an exercise combining sea, air and land-based forces, state media reported. The practice involved the firing of "various missiles, dozens of torpedoes and hundreds of shells", the official Xinhua news agency said in a dispatch from the eastern city of Qingdao, home of China's North Sea Fleet which participated in the exercise. Citing a military statement, Xinhua said that the firing was for intercepting "water-surface, underwater and airborne targets", adding that the exercise marked the first time a "maritime missile combat supply exercise" had been carried out.

I don't like this either. I am not sure why China is so bent on having those islands that are not theirs. But then it is the nature of greed to get out of control. I hope they realize it is not in their financial interests to go to war over some small islands. They will lose so much more than it would ever profit them. War is never really in anyone's best interests.

Comment

Rather than feuding with other countries, why don't China focus on their domestic problems like the declining population of little girls due to selective abortion or their Air pollution problems which is harming many of their citizens. They should also focus on the threats of dangerous commercial foods being distributed to their people. Seriously, their country have a lot of problems and they were making enemies with many Asian countries. Is China confident that they can win if all the Asian countries they were alienating will team up. The population of those countries maybe smaller but if they team up, the manpower of China can be matched. Being on a war is going to be financially hard.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
        Rather than feuding with other countries, why don't China focus on their domestic problems like the declining population of little girls due to selective abortion or their Air pollution problems which is harming many of their citizens. They should also focus on the threats of dangerous commercial foods being distributed to their people. Seriously, their country have a lot of problems and they were making enemies with many Asian countries. Is China confident that they can win if all the Asian countries they were alienating will team up. The population of those countries maybe smaller but if they team up, the manpower of China can be matched. Being on a war is going to be financially hard.

The only way China can continue its growth and stability is to obtain oil (resources). They will do whatever it takes to get it. They don't care what the Philippines or the international community thinks about what they have done. Their main focus is getting that oil to sustain their way of life.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingLady View Post
          I don't like this either. I am not sure why China is so bent on having those islands that are not theirs. But then it is the nature of greed to get out of control. I hope they realize it is not in their financial interests to go to war over some small islands. They will lose so much more than it would ever profit them. War is never really in anyone's best interests.
          Those islands are rich in something. It is rich in natural resources. And if I am right, it is rich in oil too. It is one of the only part wherein oil can be drilled in the Pacific Ocean. Studies on the area is limited due to this conflicts. The said islands are near Palawan, Philippines wherein Oil is nearby. I just don't know, its just rich in natural resources as stated by the government and it is a great area to establish a military base too because is a good spot.

Comment

Working...
          X