Air strike kills IS leader in Syria: Pentagon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air strike kills IS leader in Syria: Pentagon

"Tariq bin Tahar al-Awni al-Harzi was killed in the northern city of Shaddadi on June 16, Pentagon spokesman Navy Captain Jeff Davis said in a statement."
    - Yahoo News
    This is a great news for everyone. I just hope that there would be no one to arise again to lead the IS. Thought that is one I great because IS might become more cruel due to what happened. Peace on earth!
    From Yahoo News: A senior Islamic State leader who coordinated suicide bombings and recruited funds and fighters for the jihadists has been killed in a coalition air strike in Syria, the Pentagon said Thursday. Tariq bin Tahar al-Awni al-Harzi was killed in the northern city of Shaddadi on June 16, Pentagon spokesman Navy Captain Jeff Davis said in a statement. As of late 2013, Harzi was a key figure in suicide and car bombings in Iraq, the US says.

1 down and more to go. I know someone is going to take his place and I hope his replacement is so incompetent that it is going to end the group. I want Isis to be crushed so Boko Haram and Taliban will be destroyed next. The man who got killed is a mastermind for multiple suicide bombings that killed innocent people. I really hope his death will cause some fracture to the group that will result on their defeat. This is a group we don't want to succeed. His death is not enough justice for all of the victims he have.

Comment

I hope this continues on and no more innocent lives be taken! Too many people have died because of that group. I hope the death of their leader makes them think of the wrongs they have done, and not make them seek revenge. Because somehow, this has been a neverending cycle of revenge between countries involved.

Comment

I take these report with a grain of salt. We need to see a body to get solid evidence that they actually got someone. We can't just believe everything the media says to be true. Show us a body, confirm the kill, and then report it. For all we know Bin Laden could still be alive.

Comment

Yes that's the way to go, finish them all, the world don't need them because they are the cancer of this world. Those malicious people have killed innocent people like women and children. Their time is coming when all of them will pay for their atrocities and it has already began. What goes around comes back around.

Comment

I just hope this is a big new start and big start for peace. When a leader is killed, surely there rises a new one that would replace the group. I do agree with JoshPosh too saying that this maybe not a confirmed kill. A body is needed so that it would be permanently confirmed. As for airstrike, i just don't know if they could still identify the body if it already became ash.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Mae View Post
              I just hope this is a big new start and big start for peace. When a leader is killed, surely there rises a new one that would replace the group. I do agree with JoshPosh too saying that this maybe not a confirmed kill. A body is needed so that it would be permanently confirmed. As for airstrike, i just don't know if they could still identify the body if it already became ash.

Unfortunately, you get rid of one, and anther will take it's place. If anything our intervention is making matter worse and now the fire is out of control. We are just infuriating the people of that region even more. There will be more fanatics to fight off in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by dannixx55 View Post
                Yes that's the way to go, finish them all, the world don't need them because they are the cancer of this world. Those malicious people have killed innocent people like women and children. Their time is coming when all of them will pay for their atrocities and it has already began. What goes around comes back around.

The thing is with these types of groups, they will never go away. If you are able to kill most of them they will replenish their numbers or the next group will be even worse. It will never end because of some people twist religion and force it upon the world. For awhile we thought the taliban was the worst group out there. But Isis is taking it to new levels.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshPosh View Post

Unfortunately, you get rid of one, and anther will take it's place. If anything our intervention is making matter worse and now the fire is out of control. We are just infuriating the people of that region even more. There will be more fanatics to fight off in the future.
                  indeed, a new leader will arise. This is just getting worse. The anger of the IS psychos will just keep on rising for there leader is dead. If there is just one way that IS would surrender. A peaceful negotiation is I guess useless, seeing the aim of ISIS is not about money, its about belief that can't be bought by money. The only way is to kill them all. Peace on earth!

Comment

Originally posted by JoshPosh View Post
                    I take these report with a grain of salt. We need to see a body to get solid evidence that they actually got someone. We can't just believe everything the media says to be true. Show us a body, confirm the kill, and then report it. For all we know Bin Laden could still be alive.

I can't agree more. It seems that the media has so much power over the people that we can state that one person is dead and everyone will believe that story. Although I do hope that ISIS and their leaders perish, we need evidence if they're going to announce to us the death of an IS leader. Nevertheless if it's true, that's one down for their terrible population.

Comment

Originally posted by rofltank- View Post

I can't agree more. It seems that the media has so much power over the people that we can state that one person is dead and everyone will believe that story. Although I do hope that ISIS and their leaders perish, we need evidence if they're going to announce to us the death of an IS leader. Nevertheless if it's true, that's one down for their terrible population.
                      When a leader dies, there comes another that would rise. Another one that would be tougher. I just hope that there really would be permanent peace on this world. As long as other IS members are there, leader will always arise.

Comment

Working...
                      X