X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gracer
    started a topic ISIS Attacks Iraq Force

ISIS Attacks Iraq Force

Another act of terror from ISIS killed 34 Iraqui police and left 48 wounded after an explosion in a joint Iraqui forces base at 3 a.m (Iraq time) on Monday. The group drove a tanker full of explosives into the base, which is located about 17 miles southwest of Samarra. The explosion triggered a second blast because it was near a stack of ammunition. The US has already sent anti-tank weapons to help with Iraq's ongoing combat with ISIS. Here's a link to the story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/01/wo...ces/index.html

• gracer
    replied
    You’re absolutely right Bonzer. Now the ISIS has even created its own currency made of gold and silver, and they said they are now ready to issue them. They wouldn’t be used much anyway, because their currency is not recognized internationally.

Isis is indeed one of the richest terrorist groups in history. They make their money from black market oil sales, aggressive taxation, robbery, extortion, wealthy donors, human trafficking and looting the properties and ancient monuments they have seized.

Here’s a link regarding their coin making propaganda:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-10342632.html

Leave a comment:

• Bonzer
    replied
    ISIS is a big threat to not just Iraq but to the pro-democratic setups as well. It's obviously being funded by some oil-rich countries and are provided the paraphernalia to recruit young people. It must be quickly neutralized by hitting it at its nerve centers.

Leave a comment:

• gracer
    commented on 's reply
    Yes, I remember Malala and her braveness of fighting for her right. I actually admire her strength and courage of fighting for the right to education despite the threat of the Taliban. Now she's active in her fight for women empowerment and is considered as a heroin of her time.

• Billy
    replied
    I don't really dont wanna consider Taliban as a lesser evil after what they did to Afghanistan. I want you to Google pictures of 1950's up to 1970's Afghanistan and you will be shocked how modern that country use to be. That country have women's rights before US did and look what they did to that country and it's women. You should also watch some videos about the teenage girl named Malala Yousafzai and how she tried to fight for her rights to school. Taliban is so afraid of this Young girls influence that they shoot her in the head.
    Last edited by Billy; 06-24-2015, 12:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gracer
    commented on 's reply
    You know what, in my own point of view I would be glad if the Taliban wins over ISIS. If they win and the Middle East branch of ISIS would be eliminated, at least maybe the chapters in other parts of the world would lose direction and destabilize. I just think Taliban is the lesser evil among the two so better for Taliban to win and then they can be dealt with thereafter.

• Billy
    replied
    Taliban recently warned Isis that they will kill them if they attempted to enter Afghanistan. Who would have thought that 2 terrorist groups will declare Jihad against each other. I wonder what will happen to the chapters of Isis in Europe,Africa and Asia if the middle east branch gets decimated or completely destroyed. I really wanted Isis to be stopped before they recruited more dumb teenagers who were manipulated easily by their propaganda.

Leave a comment:

• gracer
    replied
    Billy Who in his right mind doesn't hate ISIS? I myself want them to disappear from this planet. You're right in mentioning the Taliban because they seem to have been disappearing from the news lately because of the higher threat of ISIS. They're both threats to the peace and order of the Middle East and to other countries but ISIS has been the bigger threat. There's an ongoing war between the two groups which started last April when the Taliban declared war against ISIS. Here's an article on the latest:

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/...hanistan-13153

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    replied
    I want Isis to be destroyed but the world should not forget about Taliban, Taliban needed to be stopped too. They were less extreme than Isis but they were spreading terror too. I am not sure though on which strategy is better, destroy them at the same time or destroy them one at a time. Isis is a bigger threat though because they were so good at recruiting that even non Muslims are joining them. To make it worst, they have branches in South East Asia, Africa and Europe.

Leave a comment:

• gracer
    commented on 's reply
    They really are confident and sure among themselves that they can conquer the whole world. They have been recruiting silently through social media so it's about time the whole world also takes action against them. Good thing Saudi has already taken action.

• Billy
    replied
    There is an Isis member who said they will make Queen Elizabeth wear a Burqa. That is how confident they were that they can conquer the world. Also I am sure you don't want to wear a burqa and I don't want my sisters,nieces and cousins to be forced to wear a burqa against their will. I don't want this group to succeed at all. I am happy that Saudi Arabia actually sent an army against them.
    Last edited by Billy; 06-22-2015, 05:11 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Billy
    commented on 's reply
    You can watch them when out play online and if you are of around make them off line if don't trust them enough. Isis is so good at recruiting that they managed to recruit non Muslims. Promises like money and beautiful women can easily convince some teenage boys to join them.

• Jade Mae
    replied
    I never thought that ISIS was once a creation of the US Government Billy , US should be doing more to eliminate this world threats then. I have seen that US is involved in attacking ISIS. I once watched on CNN about US bombing the campsites of the ISIS group 2 months back i guess. ISIS is a global terror and a you've said, its getting dangerous once ISIS conquers the world.

Leave a comment:

• gracer
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy View Post
    We know Isis is aggressive when it comes to trying to recruit young people to join them. They use social media to spread propaganda and convinced misguided teens to join them. They also do publicity stunts by trying to convince Muslim celebrities like Zayn Malik to join them, which he declined. This is something parents should worry about. They were now recruiting videogame players. The PlayStation Network and Xbox live have a messaging feature and they use that to convince teenage boys to join them. I wishsp someone is able to stop them
    This is awfully disturbing especially for parents like me. My son is still so young to be playing video games but if this was the case then it is an alarming news for parents. Most teenagers I know of are engaged in Xbox and other video games right now. Sometimes they even spend all their school allowance on playing these kinds of games. Little do parents know that their children are at risk of being recruited as terrorists just by playing games on the internet.

Leave a comment:

• Alexandoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy View Post
    We know Isis is aggressive when it comes to trying to recruit young people to join them. They use social media to spread propaganda and convinced misguided teens to join them. They also do publicity stunts by trying to convince Muslim celebrities like Zayn Malik to join them, which he declined. This is something parents should worry about. They were now recruiting videogame players. The PlayStation Network and Xbox live have a messaging feature and they use that to convince teenage boys to join them. I wishsp someone is able to stop them
    I just read an article in the New York Times about a comedian doing spoofs and satires against ISIS. His comedy act is being supported by the public since there were already more than 700 young, mostly female, who joined ISIS. I think the government should give support to this kind of show becaues media, tv in particular, is still strong when it comes to influence particularly to the youth.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X