ISIS Attacks Iraq Force

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ISIS Attacks Iraq Force

Another act of terror from ISIS killed 34 Iraqui police and left 48 wounded after an explosion in a joint Iraqui forces base at 3 a.m (Iraq time) on Monday. The group drove a tanker full of explosives into the base, which is located about 17 miles southwest of Samarra. The explosion triggered a second blast because it was near a stack of ammunition. The US has already sent anti-tank weapons to help with Iraq's ongoing combat with ISIS. Here's a link to the story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/06/01/wo...ces/index.html

Excuse me,as fasr as i read out,was it not the Iraqis advancing on the ISIS in some odd refinery town and not the vice versa.?
    A general even reported that "Iraqi troops and Shiite militias recaptured key parts of the refinery town of Beiji from ISIS "
    I am attaching the link here.

Comment

Sounds like things are changing pretty rapidly over there. Perhaps the reporter was not able to get all the details due to this?

I am glad they are getting anti-tank weapons as it is surely needed. ISIS is far too well funded by oil rich nations. Iraq needs the help if they are to survive.

Comment

That has been going on for ages though. It's nothing new and Iraqi soldiers keep fighting back all the time. They are spread everywhere and it's such a sad situation.

Comment

I still think that the USA should get the hell out of there and let the middle eastern people take care of their own mess. We are spending too much time and resources in a country where we are not welcomed. They want us out of there? Fine, take care of your own mess and don't ask us for any yearly foreign aid.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshPosh View Post
            I still think that the USA should get the hell out of there and let the middle eastern people take care of their own mess. We are spending too much time and resources in a country where we are not welcomed. They want us out of there? Fine, take care of your own mess and don't ask us for any yearly foreign aid.
            I do agree with you. I have read a newspaper that "where ever america is, there is war". I agree with this line because talking about US sending their troops globally, I guess its just out of their jurisdiction. Though if a country needs help then that's the time they could enter. US has been on Iraq for many years now and many citizens want US to get out of their country. There is just this one thing that US stays in Iraq for them to control the Oil production in the Middle East.

Comment

• Billy
              Billy commented
              Editing a comment
              Isis wanted world domination, if they succeed on getting the middle east, Asia and Europe would be next. It is better to fight them as early as possible before they completely gone global. They already have branches in Africa, Asia and Europe.

If they won the war in the middle east, The Americas (Not only the US) will be in danger. One of the reason why US should participate on destroying ISIS, Many Isis members are former Taliban members and Taliban is created by the US to "free" Afghan people from the Soviet Union and defeat Soviet Union.

They have contribution on creating this monster.

This ISIS is really getting out of hand. But the fact of the matter is the famed rebel group have only captured a portion of Iraq and also of Syria. They are still in a power struggle with the governments of the said countries. ISIS is just very good in advertising since most of their followers are the Muslim youth although I had read that there are some followers who were not Muslims at all. Perhaps we should now do something about it before it gets out of control.

Comment

• Billy
              Billy commented
              Editing a comment
              From what I know they were attacking Iran, Jordan and some African countries as well. They also recent my started a branch in Africa and Southeast Asia. Their goal is to put the whole world in Shariah law.

It makes me wonder how are they getting funds. They may have a rich benefactor that funds them.

Looks like this is another separate incident apart from which i had referred to earlier.it is good that they were able to roll back ISIS with the help of U.S.-led airstrikes.The U.S. says it has targeted a Nusra Front cell plotting attacks on Western interests.

Comment

We know Isis is aggressive when it comes to trying to recruit young people to join them. They use social media to spread propaganda and convinced misguided teens to join them. They also do publicity stunts by trying to convince Muslim celebrities like Zayn Malik to join them, which he declined. This is something parents should worry about. They were now recruiting videogame players. The PlayStation Network and Xbox live have a messaging feature and they use that to convince teenage boys to join them. I wishsp someone is able to stop them

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
                We know Isis is aggressive when it comes to trying to recruit young people to join them. They use social media to spread propaganda and convinced misguided teens to join them. They also do publicity stunts by trying to convince Muslim celebrities like Zayn Malik to join them, which he declined. This is something parents should worry about. They were now recruiting videogame players. The PlayStation Network and Xbox live have a messaging feature and they use that to convince teenage boys to join them. I wishsp someone is able to stop them
                Yeah. This should be higher up on the list of peoples concerns. ISIS is out of hand and one of the best ways to deal with them is by preventing them from getting more followers. You'd think that most of the social media sites they operate on would have some means of preventing them from doing this? I suppose it would be too much effort to filter through everything.

Comment

I just read an article in the New York Times about a comedian doing spoofs and satires against ISIS. His comedy act is being supported by the public since there were already more than 700 young, mostly female, who joined ISIS. I think the government should give support to this kind of show becaues media, tv in particular, is still strong when it comes to influence particularly to the youth.

Comment

This is awfully disturbing especially for parents like me. My son is still so young to be playing video games but if this was the case then it is an alarming news for parents. Most teenagers I know of are engaged in Xbox and other video games right now. Sometimes they even spend all their school allowance on playing these kinds of games. Little do parents know that their children are at risk of being recruited as terrorists just by playing games on the internet.

Comment

• Billy
                      Billy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You can watch them when out play online and if you are of around make them off line if don't trust them enough. Isis is so good at recruiting that they managed to recruit non Muslims. Promises like money and beautiful women can easily convince some teenage boys to join them.

I never thought that ISIS was once a creation of the US Government Billy , US should be doing more to eliminate this world threats then. I have seen that US is involved in attacking ISIS. I once watched on CNN about US bombing the campsites of the ISIS group 2 months back i guess. ISIS is a global terror and a you've said, its getting dangerous once ISIS conquers the world.

Comment

There is an Isis member who said they will make Queen Elizabeth wear a Burqa. That is how confident they were that they can conquer the world. Also I am sure you don't want to wear a burqa and I don't want my sisters,nieces and cousins to be forced to wear a burqa against their will. I don't want this group to succeed at all. I am happy that Saudi Arabia actually sent an army against them.
                      Last edited by Billy; 06-22-2015, 05:11 AM.

Comment

• gracer
                        gracer commented
                        Editing a comment
                        They really are confident and sure among themselves that they can conquer the whole world. They have been recruiting silently through social media so it's about time the whole world also takes action against them. Good thing Saudi has already taken action.

I want Isis to be destroyed but the world should not forget about Taliban, Taliban needed to be stopped too. They were less extreme than Isis but they were spreading terror too. I am not sure though on which strategy is better, destroy them at the same time or destroy them one at a time. Isis is a bigger threat though because they were so good at recruiting that even non Muslims are joining them. To make it worst, they have branches in South East Asia, Africa and Europe.

Comment

Working...
                      X