Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [World/Regional Conflict] Muslims Throwing Christian Immigrants Overboard

Originally posted by Yahoo News
    Italy's migration crisis took on a deadly new twist Thursday as police in Sicily reported that Muslim migrants had thrown 12 Christians overboard during a recent crossing from Libya, and an aid group said another 41 were feared drowned in a separate incident.
    Currently they have 15 suspects awaiting trial for multiple homicides, but there may be more involved. In this incident, there were others, there were 105 passengers involved and 12 were thrown overboard to their deaths. The remaining passengers created a human chain which prevented the suspects from tossing them over to. On another ship of 400 passengers, the perpetrators sunk the whole ship and the passengers are presumed dead.
    From Yahoo News: MILAN (AP) The International Organization for Migrants says 41 migrants are feared drowned in a new Mediterranean shipwreck.
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

They believe that doing this would make them see their God. Look at those Muslim and their Jihad. It is very upsetting but I guess that's the world is. Poor those Christians thrown overboard because of their faith and religion.

Comment

This is so awful. What is going through their minds during this? Why on earth would you need to throw innocent people overboard because of their faith? Stupid, stupid, stupid. The article mentions a call for more search and rescue missions, but perhaps we should go in the opposite direction? I wonder what the effect would be if search and rescue missions were severely toned down, or just stopped? Would this discourage people from attempting these dangerous voyages? The obvious problem is that in the mean time there are still going to be people attempting this, and what will they do if they actually need rescuing? Just a bad situation all around.

Comment

I can't stand the fact that this is another load of people that were trying to escape their lives. Little did they know they were going to pay for this trip with their lives. What kind of people do this type of thing? You never hear of Christians doing this to others. This is so sad.

Comment

As a Christian myself, I can't at them doing this to my fellow Christians. Christians don't do like this to other Muslims, yet they are throwing us like we are the inferior ones. For God, there's no inferior or superior, as everybody's equal for Him.

Comment

Originally posted by MrZekrom View Post
            As a Christian myself, I can't at them doing this to my fellow Christians. Christians don't do like this to other Muslims, yet they are throwing us like we are the inferior ones. For God, there's no inferior or superior, as everybody's equal for Him.
            I take it you are not aware of of the tens of thousands of Muslims that fled the Central African Republic last year due to an uprising by the Christian militias. More on the attacks and killings by the anti-bakala can be read here and here.

Comment

Not to mention the Muslim slaughter back during the Crusades by the Catholic church knights.

Rather then learn from our stupidity... they just upped it a bit. Either way, you are right. God does not see superior or inferior. Just believer and non-believer.

I have been reading more on this story and it appears that the EU is very much aware of this problem and are doing what they can to tackle the issue. Apparantly there are actual criminals who are making refugees get on these boats at gun point and sending them to their deaths. I posted on this in another thread https://www.disaster.com/forums/foru...ls-as-eu-meets.

Comment

This is really bad! When will the conflict between Christians and Muslims end? This is a conflict that affected many people. It is sad to hear about this news wherein you are getting killed because you are a Christian or a Muslim. We need to stop this madness and find something that everybody can agree with.

Comment

This would just create more tension and this is not helping in maintaining peace on this planet.
                  Christians and Muslims will never have peace out if this continues

Comment

I don't believe that religious groups will ever agree or that there will be total peace on this earth. Somehow we will just have to do the best we can by taking one day at a time. We will have to continue to negotiate and attempt to make peace with those that are totally unreasonable.

Comment

Already there is division in many countries because of this. Even the Philippines are affected by it. If it continues many countries may experience civil wars besides Syria and Yemen which will escalate into the division into two halves such as North and South Korea have done. In some ways it is a good thing, in others a bad... but if things are not fixed soon this could get really out of hand and then even division may not solve the issue.

Comment

These Muslim immigrants wants to live in a Christian country like Italy. I don't think they should be allowed to live in Italy if they have that mindset. If they treated their fellow immigrants that way, I just imagine if they were now residents of that country. They were trying to be refugee to a Christian country because ISIS is terrorizing them and they will do this. Not only they put their selves in trouble. Secular and peaceful Muslims will get discriminated because of their actions.

Comment

And people are baffled by this? Islam has been like this since it's start. How did Islam spread in the early days?.I know that Christianity has done some very nasty and shameful things over the centuries, but Islam is not so innocent either. They either deny it or try to pin it on someone else

Comment

I feel as though we should be making the distinction between Islam/Christianity and Islamic/Christian extremists. The two are quite different so lets try not to tar all members of a religion with the same brush.

Comment

Just reading the title made me cringe. I asked myself what I am reading. Is that a prelude to a Jihad - a religious war between Muslims and Christians? Sorry for blowing up the issue. I understand that it is an isolated case.

People, be they immigrants or not, are humans and should be accorded a humane treatment. And to think that they are all migrants crossing the sea on their way to another country. That act was very UN-christian.

Comment

Working...
                              X