Russia and War

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia and War

Tensions with Russia have already created a cold war between Russia and Britain but Putin seems to be pushing for a all out conflict it seems. Putin's lifting the ban for sales of their Missile Defense System and selling to China and Saudi Arabia suggest an attempt to create alliances with these two countries and events in Russia of late seem to being pointing to this. I found this article in Daily Mail News where Putin's statements also suggest he may be setting up to go against the US and EU as he strongly believes that Russia stands a chance in a conflict with them. The current sanctions on Russia seem to be having an opposite effect on their President rather then nullifying him and pushing him to concede, he appears to be getting more antsy for war.
    Military chiefs have warned that Britain has entered a new Cold War with Russia, as Vladimir Putin vows to step up military modernisation with hundreds of new combat jets and missiles.
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Now what we have to do is pray for nothing this happen, because in a war the worst part is for the population that don't know where go... could happen invasions in many homes too.

Comment

Russia's actions are most certainly provocative. The countries in the Nordic regions are taking steps to defend themselves.

Russia is also selling advanced missile defense systems to Iran. They've also made a deal with Venezuela and are in negotiations with other countries in South America.
      Last edited by ASurvivor; 04-22-2015, 05:24 PM.
      "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

They are selling their missiles defense system to Iran now? So that is three counties on the list. It seems to me they are preparing for war. They are getting cozy with all the countries that have been against the US for a long time. China being the biggest, I mean, why else would they suddenly lift the ban and start selling?

Comment

Originally posted by KimberlyD View Post
          They are selling their missiles defense system to Iran now?
          Indeed. And it doesn't take much imagination to figure why Iran would want such a technology.

China being the biggest, I mean, why else would they suddenly lift the ban and start selling?
          That is an excellent question. Russia has a strange relationship with China (so does our country, but that is another topic). At times they were allied, others very hostile, and they fought a few border wars ('29 and '69 comes to mind.). Now, they appear to becoming much more friendly. This Washington Times article has some details: Second Sino-Russian alliance shatters illusions
          "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

Well there are lots of theories (not going conspiracy or anything here) that if and when a 3rd world war were to happen the Axis countries most likely would be Russia, China, and North Korea. Possibly some middle east and south American countries would join them too, but those would be the main countries.

Comment

I found it Ironic that the 3 song entries of Russia in the last three years at Eurovision is about a unified world. These 3 songs are about peace and unity and it is Russia's entry to the Eurovision song writing contest. I heard these songs are government funded. With the questionable actions Russia had been doing, Why are they making beautiful songs about peace, love and stopping war.

Eurovision is a song writing contest in Europe that has been around since the 1950's. Julio Iglesias, Olivia Newton John, Abba and Celine Dion owe their careers from this contest. I find it weird that Russia loves sending anti-war and pro peace songs in the last 3 years despite of their controversial actions.
              Last edited by Billy; 05-29-2015, 03:17 AM.

Comment

I don't think Russia can afford to go to war with a superpower. I can only bully the small countries particularly their former colonies. Russia is poor and the military might is nowhere near the vicinity of superpowers US or Britain. How can they afford to make war? Maybe this is just loose talks or a campaign to boost the sagging image of Russia in the international community.

Comment

I agree with Alexandoy. Even if Russia were to get China and Saudi Arabia to back them up, they still don't stand much of a chance. Russia and China's main income comes from the US and the EU. If they were to wage war they would lose that funding and run out of money quickly. Not to mention their militant forces don't stand much of a chance against the US and EU technologically.

Comment

Russia can't just do that. I guess that is just a chit-chat knowing that Russia is too far from the power of US and Britain as Alexandoy have stated. Russia ain't powerful enough to go to war unless Russia has lots of Allies like for examples are Germany, China, or Japan.. Russia is just a wide country full of ice and their economy is too far beyond US. They will not risk going to war.

Comment

Just because they shouldn't, does not necessarily mean they wont I guess. It wont be the first time a country made a stupid move they should not have. Look what happened to Japan. Russia is no different and Putin has been spouting off a lot lately.... kind of reminds me of Hitler in the beginning of it all.

Comment

This is becoming dangerous. Russia is a fierce country wherein most countries are affected by it's actions. Just the few months, we may have heard of their moves or conflicts in Ukraine. Russians made the first movies and indeed the said countries are just doing what they needed to do to protect themselves. As for Russia , one big producer of war equipment, this could lead to the start of a global war - all in.

Comment

I agree with Alexandoy. Even if Russia were to get China and Saudi Arabia to back them up, they still don't stand much of a chance. Russia and China's main income comes from the US and the EU. If they were to wage war they would lose that funding and run out of money quickly. Not to mention their militant forces don't stand much of a chance against the US and EU technologically.
                          An alliance between China and Russia actually sounds intimidating. China is a rising super power and the western world is becoming financially more and more dependent of them.

Obviously the chance of nuclear war is still one of the biggest threats with this. Over all though, I feel like people are over reacting. Things have always been like this with Russia, and I doubt they're fit for a war right now. They too do realize how costly a global war would be for them. With the Annexation of Crimea they actually had something as there was a major Russian population there.

Comment

Putin's arrogance will be his downfall. They can not go to war with a superpower and hope to win, but I think I Putin may actually have gone so far with his arrogant thinking that he no longer sees the situation clearly and thinks he is invincible or capable of bullying everyone into doing what he wants. At some point the Russian people will realize they are being lead into a disaster.

Comment

China and Russia teaming up is a bit intimidating, but not frightening. They still would not stand a chance. As I stated before, they would lose all their money if they tried and not be able to fund their war.

Comment

Working...
                              X