Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10-car pileup on Snoqualamie Pass closes I-90 Westbound, two killed.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-car pileup on Snoqualamie Pass closes I-90 Westbound, two killed.

One driver of a car-hauler semi truck has been arrested for possible vehicular homicide after two large semi-transport trucks collided on the Wesstbound lanes of Snoqualamie Pass near Easton, Washington. The Washington State Patrol is reporting that there were at least ten other vehicles involved in the crease, and two people have died.
    There is no detour due to the deep snow on all of the other nearby mountain roads, so westbound traffic has been turned back at the Easton off-ramp, and the pass is closed until the wrecked vehicles can be removed, probably until late this evening, from the available news reports.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...oqualmie-pass/

It just baffles me how people cannot seem to heed weather warnings. They know it's deeply snowing, but they insist on travelling despite the obvious risk to their lives. It's hard to plow through the roads especially when you're riding an ordinary private vehicle. Can't their business wait when it's safer out there?

Comment

Oh, such devastating news. Bad weather conditions plus large vehicles plus busy roads can really equate to an accident. I guess this serves as a warning for us all to try and be more careful during storms and snow storms. If we can, stay at home and wait until the roads are cleared. It's better to be safe than sorry. I hope the casualties find peace and their families recover from this horrible accident.

Comment

Working...
      X