An abnormal rise in road accidents in Kerala, India

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An abnormal rise in road accidents in Kerala, India

It is quite disturbing that during the past six months there has been a huge increase in the case of road accidents in Kerala, a State in India. As per reports more than 2100 persons lost their lives on account of road accidents and 22000 people got injured in various accidents during that time. This is an alarming situation which needs immediate attention from authorities and public.

i think the major culprit here is the poor condition of roads. People not obeying traffic rules also contribute towards these rising numbers. Most of these accidents are happening on highways in morning hours. Usually people use highways for long journeys and they drive very fast.

I think they can solve the situation there by hiring more traffic enforcers so someone can monitor the way the drives drive. If road repairs are needed to have better conditions, the government of Kerala must spend some money and make some maintenance and repairs with trusted non corrupted construction companies because people's safety were at risk because of the situation. They should also make signs that were large enough for people to see so they will follow the rules.
    talk2me likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
      I think they can solve the situation there by hiring more traffic enforcers so someone can monitor the way the drives drive. If road repairs are needed to have better conditions, the government of Kerala must spend some money and make some maintenance and repairs with trusted non corrupted construction companies because people's safety were at risk because of the situation. They should also make signs that were large enough for people to see so they will follow the rules.

Yes, there you got the crux of the problem. It is corruption which is finally leading to these things. The contractor who looks after repairing of roads does not want it to last for long. If it is damaged easily again he can get more work from this and earn more money. Even Government authorities are not so concerned about the quality of work. They are more concerned about their vote banks. I think there should be strict legal guidelines which ask for minimum guarantee of these roads from unscrupulous contractors.

Comment

The mayor of my country kept on doing "road repairs" when the roads are actually not broken. Its just his way to show to the people he have projects and its his way to steal funds from the people. India is the next super power because its a country with a lot of rich resources, people are hard working and smart but corruption stops it from reaching its full potential, All that crime rate, poverty and other conflicts won't happen if corruption will be stopped. Look many factories already moved to India because they hate what China is doing. All those investment will feed the economy. If the taxes will go to the people and not bank accounts of the politicians, You re living in the next big country to dominate.

Comment

Poor road conditions have also contributed to many accidents that we usually experience on our roads. Many cyclists have reportedly been hit by vehicles when drivers try to avoid potholes. Drivers have also been known of causing accidents while rushing to work. But most accidents have been linked to driving under influence of alcohol. This is true because some drivers who have caused accidents during weekends have been found to be drunk. Driving vehicles that are not road worthy has also contributed to accidents that result to deaths and injuries.

Comment

Working...
          X