Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Passenger Subdued After Disturbance On Chinese Plane.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passenger Subdued After Disturbance On Chinese Plane.

According to the article a passenger on a"Chinese" plane with more than 100 people abroad was subdued early Sunday. Even trying to damage the cabin during landing in southern China, reported by media. Just because of the two out of 95 Passenger suffered injuries and end of the time taken to hospital. So far there is no report by media which can actually show us that how many passenger were trying to damage the plane. There was a person who created the disturbance on the plane after that accident took place. In this plane(Shenzen Airline ZH9648) carried 95 people and 9 crew member

Here is the actual report for this news story, because no link to the story was given by the opening poster.

It appears that one of the passengers actually set the plane on fire, and managed to start two fires on board before he was stoped and restrained.

No information is given in the news article as to why the passenger would try to set fire to the airplane, and this seems like a really strange thing for someone to do.
    If the fire had not been stopped, it would have probably killed everyone on board the airplane, including the person who started the fire.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/socie...set-fire-plane

Comment

Security should have been stricter seeing as he was able to board the plane with his lighter and petrol with him. Many of these incidents could have been avoided if there has been tight and thorough inspection of baggages and people before boarding a plane. It is only right to be extra cautious in places like this as many lives will be at stake if the authorities are not strict. Thank goodness that he failed in actually burning the whole plane. But he still managed to start a fire and hurt somebody so this is still a failure for the airline and airport company.

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed View Post
        No information is given in the news article as to why the passenger would try to set fire to the airplane, and this seems like a really strange thing for someone to do.
        If the fire had not been stopped, it would have probably killed everyone on board the airplane, including the person who started the fire.
        Suicide arsonist? The article doesn't even seem to indicate if this was an act of terrorism or some kind of personal issue. I hesitate to chalk these things up to mental illness (I think that's often done hastily), but that's another possibility.

Seems strange that he also had a knife. I suppose to stop people from trying to put the fire out. Briannagodess has a point. Not only did he get by with a lighter and petrol, but also a knife? Is airline security just a lot more lax in China?

Comment

Well, to be honest, my first thought when I read the article was "what an idiot". Obviously, I don't know what has been going on on that plane, and whether the passenger was intoxicated or under the influence of drugs or extreme stress. But in any case, I get angry thinking about all the other passengers who got all worried and anxious because of this passenger spiraling out of control and trying to set fire to the plane. I hope he got a really hefty fine and was made to apologize to the rest of the passengers and the crew.

Comment

Working...
          X