Patient Dies After Ambulance Crashes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patient Dies After Ambulance Crashes

A 79=year-old male patient died after the ambulance he was riding on crashed head-on with another car in Pasadena. The patient had no life threatening condition and was supposedly going to the hospital for a non-emergency medical appointment, which probably explains why the siren of the ambulance wasn't turned on. The man suffered a head injury from the crash and subsequently went into cardiac arrest. He was taken to the hospital but he died after some time.

The driver of the ambulance and the EMT have been admitted to the hospital in serious conditions, while the woman from the other car suffered a broken ankle.The

Drivers have been advised to avoid the area while police are still investigating the accident.

Here's a link on the story:

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...314000161.html

I hope no alcohol or other substances are involved in this case. It is quite disappointing if it is. I feel sorry for the man who died while he is on that ambulance. If it is your time, it is really your time. May he rest in peace.

I hope all other survivors be able to win against their fight. As they are all in critical condition, it means that the impact of the collision is really high. I think these collisions are really common in Western countries. In our country, we rarely have high impact collisions, mostly we have low impact collisions in high rates.

Comment

The big question I have in mind is "who's fault is it?" There was no answer in the article because the investigation is still ongoing but that has been my question from the start. High impact collisions usually happen because of the high speed of the vehicles involved. In the article, the passengers of the van were the ones who were critically injured so I'm guessing the ambulance was the one which ran faster between the 2 vehicles involved. If that were the case, there must have been a mistake on the part of the ambulance driver. It's just sad that the patient who was in no serious condition ended up dying of a serious crash impact.

Comment

The big question I have in mind is "who's fault is it?" There was no answer in the article because the investigation is still ongoing but that has been my question from the start. High impact collisions usually happen because of the high speed of the vehicles involved. In the article, the passengers of the van were the ones who were critically injured so I'm guessing the ambulance was the one which ran faster between the 2 vehicles involved. If that were the case, there must have been a mistake on the part of the ambulance driver. It's just sad that the patient who was in no serious condition ended up dying of a serious crash impact

Comment

This is truly unfortunate. I feel that the man's life that was lost in the ambulance needs to have funds given to his family. This must be the most devastating situation for his family right now. I would be furious if the driver of one of these cars was actually under the influence or doing something that they shouldn't have. At the end of the day they are not only responsible for themsle4sv but for so many other innocent lives.
          gracer likes this.

Comment

The person was in for a non-emergency medical appointment,the vehicle did not have the siren.Talks are that the EMT was on the wrong side of the road.
            So unfortunate !!!

gracer : talks are that the EMT was on the wrong side of the road.Check google maps,for the complete vicinity map and the picture given here.

I do hope the EMTs aren't at fault

Comment

It happens. Traffic accidents and human errors are unavoidable. Only, there is a sad irony in this. I guess, this man would have perhaps been better off taking a taxi to hospital on that particular day. But that's all just speculation. You can die at any time, under the most bizarre circumstances.
              I suppose the ambulance driver will be carefully scrutinized and the cause of the accident examined in detail. Hopefully, s/he will be found innocent and able to continue with her/his invaluable work of saving people's lives.
              gracer likes this.

Comment

It truly is an unfortunate day for that man who only wanted to go to the hospital for a medical appointment. bala If the ambulance was the one on the wrong side of the road, I wonder what the driver was into. Only a drunk or drugged driver would take the other side of the road while driving. I remember my husband's cousin who was drunk while driving home. He took the took the other side of the road and crashed into another vehicle. One of the people from the other vehicle died due to the strong impact. He now faced the consequences of his drunk driving.

Comment

Originally posted by gracer View Post
                  It truly is an unfortunate day for that man who only wanted to go to the hospital for a medical appointment. bala If the ambulance was the one on the wrong side of the road, I wonder what the driver was into. Only a drunk or drugged driver would take the other side of the road while driving. I remember my husband's cousin who was drunk while driving home. He took the took the other side of the road and crashed into another vehicle. One of the people from the other vehicle died due to the strong impact. He now faced the consequences of his drunk driving.
                  I do hope that this is not a case of drunk driving. As an ambulance driver, it is his job to help and protect people. If he is drunk while driving, then he is putting many people's lives at risk. on the other hand if he is just tired or sleepy, he should have just parked the ambulance first and rested for awhile as the patient is not critical anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by gracer View Post
                    No,he wasn't drunk when he was driving and there was no mention of it anywhere at all.
                    Hopefully he wasn't,moreover there was one article that stated that he was forced to take the other side because of some ruckus on the "correct side of the road",i don't know how far i shd be believing it,but yes,information is info.

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post
                      No,he wasn't drunk when he was driving and there was no mention of it anywhere at all.
                      Hopefully he wasn't,moreover there was one article that stated that he was forced to take the other side because of some ruckus on the "correct side of the road",i don't know how far i shd be believing it,but yes,information is info.
                      Would it be possible to provide a link or citation to the news report claiming that the ambulance driver was driving on the wrong side of the road? Was this from a reputable source? I did a Google search, but I couldn't find anything and would certainly be interested to read more about this. Thanks.

Comment

Whilst this is undoubtedly a tragedy, it's ironic that someone suffered a fatal injury whilst they were in an ambulance at the time. I can only imagine that this guys family are full of questions and "what ifs" right now. Rather than speculating, let's wait for the incident report though as there seem to be countless variations of the story.
                        gracer likes this.

Comment

Working...
                        X