Military Plane Crashes In Arizona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Military Plane Crashes In Arizona

A US military plane crashed last night near the Mexican Arizona border. The plane was doing routine practice exercises when it went down and crashed near a gas line. No news on the condition of the pilot as of yet.

Diane Lane likes this.
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Hmm, doing routine exercises doesn't usually lead to plane crashes, but accidents do happen. The fact that it's a military plane, and near the border piques my interest, and leads to concern about whether it was actually an accident, or whether there was some sort of foul play involved. I'm interested to hear more about this, particularly in light of the recent helicopter shooting incident along the Texas Mexico border.

Comment

According to this article in ABC News, the pilot was a Iraqi training in the US. There is still no news as to what happened to him or why the plane crashed.
      Official: Iraqi Pilot Flying Military Plane in Arizona Crash

Comment

I just saw that, and was about to post a link. From what I've heart about Iraqi troops, they are often under-trained and inexperienced, which might explain how a routine flight could end in an accident, and the article does state he was a trainee. From what I've seen, he was the only one on board, which, although it's sad he died, thankfully wasn't worse.

Comment

Military planes and helicopters crash all of the time. You would think that since it's the military, everything is perfect. In times of war, the black hawk helicopters we're constantly malfunctioning and crashing.

Comment

That crash may be an isolated case, I hope. There is no reason to shoot that plane unless there are terrorists in the Arizona deserts. Since the pilot is on training, regardless of he is an Iraqui or not, that crash would be attributed to pilot error. And if that is the case then there would be closure to the incident. But then again, the authorities should come up with a detailed explanation of the cause of the crash.

Comment

The F-16 fighter plane that crashed was an Iraqi plane, according the the latest information that I found about this crash.
              The pilot was no new trainee, he was a Brigadier General in the Iraqi military, and had been training here in the United States for over four years.
              He should have been an experienced pilot; so there is a good possibility that something besides pilot error caused this crash.
              Thus far, there appears not to be any information out on the cause of the crash.

I just found a video that shows the fire started by the crash of the plane. It had apparently just left the airport, and was starting to make a circle when it suddenly "just dropped out of the sky" according to witness testimony.
              So, it sounds more like mechanical failure than pilot error.

http://rt.com/usa/270022-iraqi-general-f16-crash/

http://youtu.be/jIf_Z6YkewU
              Last edited by Tumbleweed; 06-27-2015, 05:15 PM. Reason: add dramatic video.

Comment

I've heard about it, it is happening quite recently these days. I don't know why but mostly it is military planes.

Comment

There are a lot of questions about the reason that this plane went down, since the pilot was an experienced pilot, and flying an excellent plane.
                  One of the most interesting theories is that the plane was taken down with an EMP (electro-magnetic pulse) weapon.
                  Russia has been using these kinds of weapons for many years now, and they are also known to be involved with the mexcan drug cartels; so it is entirely possibly that this plane was brought down by an EMP and not some kind of a mechanical failure.
                  KimberlyD likes this.

Comment

The theory I heard was that the plane was shot down being so close to the Mexican border but so far there is no definitive evidence of that. The only thing they have been able to confirm so far is that the pilot died in the crash.

Comment

Well it would be hard to trace if it was a EMP that brought the plane down. That is pretty scary stuff. An EMP could cause a lot of problems if a war were to break out. I always said, if a foreign entity wanted to get at us, going through Mexico would probably be one of the best ways to do it.

Comment

Working...
                    X