2 people killed by rush hour train in London, UK

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 people killed by rush hour train in London, UK

Sadly, there have been two fatalities on the London Underground tonight. At this early stage, there is little information on the specifics but there is a very telling statement from the UK suicide prevention organisation, The Samaritans at the end of the article. I presume it is believed to be some kind of suicide pact.

The trains have only just got back to normal but there will be a lot of witnesses who are really shaken up by this. I really hope the driver is going to be OK. Incidents like this must be your worst fear as a train driver.

Commuters this evening faced hours of misery after two people died under a high-speed train at Ealing Broadway station.

This is just awful. I am sure the driver and any witnesses would be terribly traumatized. The terrible thing about this is those that have been left behind. There is always a chance that a person who plans a suicide like this can be severely injured, even crippled, yet live. I hope that others will think about this and not contemplate suicide.

Comment

Working...
    X