New Theory on Missing MH370 Plane

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Theory on Missing MH370 Plane

A new theory by a mathematician named Goong Chen from Texas A&M University regarding the Malaysian Airlines aircraft that went missing 15 months ago; is a new addition to the theories surrounding the mysterious disappearance of the airplane. According to Chen, the plane could have vertically crashed into the ocean which could have caused it to go straight to the bottom of the vast Indian Ocean in one piece; explaining the absence of any debris from the airplane. He has no explanation as to why the plane could have dived vertically though. He says that the mystery continues until the black box of the airplane is found. What do you think about this new theory?

Here’s a link to the story:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/21/us...ies/index.html

So there is a chance that the wreck of this airplane can still be found at the bottom of the ocean? I wish this airplane will be found eventually so the families of the victims will have the closure they needed. We still don't have any idea what happened on this plane. I am not really sure if I can agree with this theory or not but with an open mind I will accept it as one of the possibilities. I do hope this mystery will be solved within our lifetime and it won't be unanswered just like what happened to Amelia Earhart. That case remained unsolved until now. I know some families are still hoping their loved ones are still alive.

Comment

Yes Billy there's a big chance that the whole piece of the missing airplane is at the bottom of the Indian Ocean if this new theory is the real answer to the mysterious disappearance. Like you, I also hope this mystery would be finally solved soon for the peace and closure of the family members of the passengers who went missing. I could only imagine how confused and troubled they feel until now because they can't find any answer to their questions.

Comment

Is the Indian ocean really that deep that the plane is not found until now? I really feel bad for the families of the victims. I saw one of them on TV still hoping their son was still alive. You can feel the pain they were going through not only because of the losng someone they love but also the lack of closesure. Did Malaysia Airlines gives compensation to the families of the victims? This make me realize I don't wat to be involved with the transport industry.

Comment

"forensics strongly supports that MH370 plunged into the ocean in a nosedive",that only ascertains what the mathematicians have found.AS they say,the true final moments can never be known unless they find the black box.
          The lack of debris part alone is solved,but this dosn't seem to be disproving the other theories that have surfaced.It only has floated up a new one to the surface.

Comment

Pardon me for being a wise guy but as the title indicated - theory. That means they have no concrete proof. Do you remember that declaration of the Australian Prime Minister that they were sure that the plane had sank in the Indian Ocean? And that the debris will be found soon? Well, that was a big shame on the part of that Australian PM because they had found nothing and his declaration was just a theory.

But personally, I am hoping that the case will have a closure so our minds can rest.

Comment

The plane isn't even found to begin with. They could make any theory on the case but the problem is, we never know what might of actually happened, we don't know if the people are still alive or dead, we don't know if the plane was hijacked or crashed, we don't know anything, therefore, let's not make assumptions, that's what I would say to the theorist. Although, some theories do make sense I must say.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyler View Post
                The plane isn't even found to begin with. They could make any theory on the case but the problem is, we never know what might of actually happened, we don't know if the people are still alive or dead, we don't know if the plane was hijacked or crashed, we don't know anything, therefore, let's not make assumptions, that's what I would say to the theorist. Although, some theories do make sense I must say.
                Fair enough,but honestly its tough to leave it at that.
                When something is left like that,people start to think deep on it,perceive and imagine what could have happened.In short speculate over it.

Moreover this gives us an idea to at least tell to ourselves that it just couldn't have vanished into thin air or stuff liek that.
                If you suddenly went missing (Touchwood),what would you think your near and dear would do..?

They will start to think right..the same way but of course in a different element of note.

Comment

Te Indian Ocean is big enough that if his theory is correct, with no indication of where it may have gone in, no way can that much ocean be searched. If his theory is correct I believe that would mean no one will ever find it.

Comment

• gracer
                    gracer commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I guess if the new theory is the answer to the missing airplane, it can be found but would take a long time before it happens. Much like the Titanic exploration which took a long time before it could actually be reached by man because of the deepness of the ocean part where it sank. It's just so sad because the families of the victims are the ones feeling the tension every time a new theory arises but there's still no answer as to where it might have gone to.

Update on this flight. They are looking at some debris they have found in the Indian Ocean they believe belong to this flight. Here is the news article on this.
                  Apparent airplane debris found off the coast of Reunion island, is being examined to see if it related to the 2014 disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, a member of the French Air Force in Reunion said Wednesday.
                  Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
                  Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Comment

I really hope that is the closure people are looking for. This is both a good news and bad news to the families and loved ones of the victims of this tragedy. It is a bad new because this can confirm that their family member is dead but it is good news because they can finally have the closure and they already have the answer to all these questions. If that debris is from MH370 that will be the answer to the mystery we are all being haunted by. We all know wanted to know the truth and this could be it.

Comment

I can see how that would happen in unstable air conditions. I figured something like that must have happened when they first couldn't find it. I don't know why the experts never thought of it before.

Comment

Journalists that have descended upon Reunion Island to report on the finding of report about the discovery of the jet wing fragment have been met with the eruption of Piton de la Fournaise volcano, one of the Earth's most active volcanoes which has erupted more than 150 times since the 1600s and three times already this year. Raw footage of the eruption can be viewed below.

Video Copyright: Reuters

As there were no casualties and no immediate calls for evacuations, I didn't think this warranted its own thread but did think it was worth posting and discussing, simply for the incredible video footage.

Comment

It was confirmed today that the debris found on Reunion Island is from flight MH370.

"Today, 515 days since the plane disappeared, it is with a very heavy heart that I must tell you that an international team of experts has conclusively confirmed that the aircraft debris found on Reunion Island is indeed from MH370," [Prime Minister] Najib Razak told reporters.
                          Mashable put together some interesting information on how the debris ended up in Reunion Island.

"In the end, the wing part may have wound up more than 2,000 miles away from the main section of the plane, which could be lying at the bottom of the ocean, virtually intact, depending on how fast the plane was going when it hit the water.

Australian scientists reported on Tuesday evening that the wing part discovery matches with predictions from updated debris flow computer models. The debris flow modeling will help investigators refine their search area, if needed."
                          fcphdJim likes this.

Comment

The New York Times published an animation showing where floating debris from Flight MH370 could have drifted if experts are correct about where the plane went down. The results of the computer model, released by Australian officials, incorporates the effects of wind, waves and ocean currents, and show how the debris found on Réunion Island may have floated from the crash site, although a lot of uncertainty remains. This map explains why it's hard to estimate the crash position.

Comment

Working...
                            X