Mom and Baby Hammered to Death

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom and Baby Hammered to Death

This news story has been on our daily local news for days now and as days pass by, the investigations seem to be having a clearer view on what really happened to the victims. A woman and her 1-year-old child have been brutally murdered with a hammer inside their own home on March 2. Two men were identified as possible suspects for the crime. They allegedly introduced themselves as repairmen for a telecommunications provider and have even shown identification and the order number of the internet repair service that the household has requested. A CCTV footage showed two men approaching the house of the victims before the incident and they were also identified to be the ones whom neighbors saw as the ones who entered the victims' house. They even accidentally left an ID on the site of the murder which served as one of the major evidences of the crime.

In the news on TV today, the person who was in the ID came out on public and went to the local bureau of investigation to clear his name and inform the public that he is a victim of identity theft. CCTV footage of the places where he has been into during the time the crime was committed also gave a strong evidence that he really isn't one of the suspects. When the said identification card was thoroughly checked, investigators found out that the picture of the man in the ID was taken from his Facebook account and the job description they put on the ID was taken from his LinkedIn account. Then the name of the company they put on the ID was just taken from an internet site.

The initial theory investigators proposed as reason for the crime was robbery with homicide but as the probe continues, they begin to unravel more angles. The woman was found out to have been raped and the initial motive of robbery is slowly being ruled out because of the evidences they have been finding out from the crime scene. Authorities are yet to talk about their latest findings in public.

Here's an article on one of the latest news on this case:

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/772614/...oing-somewhere

How horrible, those two rubbishes who did it now have to live with the fact that they did one of the worst things imaginable, so they will suffer for the rest of their lives even if they aren't caught. But I hope that they do get caught and that when they are spending the rest of their lives in jail, the inmates will find out what these two men did and you don't want to be on the bad side of people in a prison. Its sad because there are very few ways to avoid these kinds of crimes/disasters because people will be people and people are horrible creatures, capable of doing pathetic things. Stories like these make me lose hope in mankind and contemplate whether there really is some guy in the sky named Jesus promising us a perfect life if we beg him for one. Seriously, how idiotic is this story, these two men don't deserve death, they deserve endless suffering.

Comment

SashaS You know, until now I still can't get over that story so whenever I see the updates on the news, I really take the time to sit down and listen. I really can't believe how they could have even killed the 1-year-old baby. They could have at least spared the innocent boy's life. What they did showed how heartless these two men are. They're still on the loose so residents of neighboring towns are also very worried for their lives because these two men could be anywhere. I hope that when I open the TV tonight, I would finally see them caught and put to jail for their crime. It's truly horrendous!
      Briannagodess likes this.

Comment

I have heard of this story for about a couple of weeks now. It's terrible and very disastrous, especially since even the child was hammered to death. Initially, they thought the incident was pure robbery but later, it was found that the woman was raped as well. Goodness, I cannot even imagine the pains and sufferings both of them experienced. I just hope justice will be served because what these two men did were beyond evil. Imagine, they hammered them to death, even the one-year-old child! If their sole intention was to rob the house, then do so! But they don't have to hurt the baby and the mother! It baffles me why up to now they're still not caught. Sigh... Justice in the Philippines... Justice for the rich and powerful only...:/
        The woman in the robbery and homicide case in Laguna passed away on Saturday evening days after she and her child were attacked inside their own home. Ginang na pinukpok ng martilyo sa ulo matapos looban ang bahay sa Sta. Rosa, Laguna, pumanaw na. | via @saleema_refran — GMA News Breaking (@gmanewsbreaking) March 5, 2016 GMA News reporter Saleema Refran tweeted at 5:59 p.m. that the 29-year-old mother succumbed to wounds sustained in an attack by a certain David Dela Cruz, who claimed to be an Internet repairman for Globe. Dela Cruz arrived at the young mother's home on Wednesday to supposedly fix the woman's internet connection, presenting an ID card with his name, photograph, and the company name of Leviscom, a sub-contractor for Globe Telecom's Internet services. He proceeded to repeatedly slam the woman's head with a hammer and used the hand tool to beat her son, who died earlier on Thursday, before rummaging through their belongings. Globe Telecom disavowed knowledge of Dela Cruz and insisted that he was neither an employee of its company nor any of its subcontractors. Meanwhile, the two repairman who were supposed to repair the household's Internet connection were taken in by Sta. Rosa PNP for statements as they were considered persons of interest in the gruesome crime. — APG, GMA News
        gracer likes this.

Comment

I'm also curious as to how the case is pushing through but I noticed that there has been no updates about it lately. I hope the suspects will get caught soon so justice would be served. Knowing the justice system here in the Philippines, even the biggest crime cases aren't solved at all and it's just so disheartening.

Comment

I have found another article about the case. This one tackles the possibility of the husband being a person of interest in the case. Apparently, he was the one who placed the call on Globe Telecom about their supposed internet connection. Apart from that, he made several calls on different sim cards. So according to the authorities, only him and the person he talked to know about the supposed internet repairmen who will come to their house.

He has already denied this and said that he used several sim cards for safety reasons. I have watched the attorney defend his case as well saying that there are no evidences against him. What do you think about this one? If you're the husband, would you allow your wife and your baby, knowing they're just the people in the house, to be visited by internet repairmen?
            One week after the said heinous crime, the real person behind the controversial I. D of "David Dela Cruz" presented himself to Sta.Rosa, Laguna authorities.

Comment

Briannagodess Thank you for sharing this update. I have also just read about this through Facebook and many of the comments I've read did have some points in them. People are questioning why he used 6 sim cards in calling Globe and why he would use "security reasons" as an alibi in using 6 sim cards. Why would anyone think of security reasons in just simply calling for an internet service repair? Another thing is his wearing of a mask during TV interviews. Why does he have to hide his face? People are now speculating that the husband could have found out that the baby is not his baby and he planned on the killing of his wife because he couldn't accept the infidelity his wife did. This case really does have a lot of things behind it besides the angle of robbery. It's just so sad that they had to include the baby in the crime. They could have at least spared the innocent child.
              Briannagodess likes this.

Comment

I know here in the UK its a well known fact that in the majority of murders the victim knows who the killer is and more often than not they're either related or married to them.

I'd have thought that the husband would have been at the top of their list of suspects, even if they didn't officially come out and say so.

Comment

Originally posted by pwarbi View Post
                  I know here in the UK its a well known fact that in the majority of murders the victim knows who the killer is and more often than not they're either related or married to them.

I'd have thought that the husband would have been at the top of their list of suspects, even if they didn't officially come out and say so.
                  I don't know if it's just me but with the TV interviews that the husband has been speaking on, I just noticed that he wasn't really in so much pain losing his wife and baby. The way he spoke just didn't seem to be someone who has lost his precious baby and his loving wife.

I remember a similar case which happened about a year or two ago where the husband also turned out to be the suspect in his wife's death. He also made it look like someone robbed his wife but it turned out that they had marital issues and they argued that day which ended in the murder of the wife. The husband was also interviewed on TV before he was declared as the suspect and he also didn't have the tone of someone who has lost a loved one.
                  pwarbi likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by gracer View Post

I don't know if it's just me but with the TV interviews that the husband has been speaking on, I just noticed that he wasn't really in so much pain losing his wife and baby. The way he spoke just didn't seem to be someone who has lost his precious baby and his loving wife.

I remember a similar case which happened about a year or two ago where the husband also turned out to be the suspect in his wife's death. He also made it look like someone robbed his wife but it turned out that they had marital issues and they argued that day which ended in the murder of the wife. The husband was also interviewed on TV before he was declared as the suspect and he also didn't have the tone of someone who has lost a loved one.
                    Like I said, right from day one the police will have had the husband as a suspect even though they may not not have said so just because of the likelihood of it being him according to the statistics.

Body language plays a key role in police work and they will have people looking at him and the way that he acts who will be then able to interpret that into if he's guilty or not.

Comment

I just watched the husband speaking up with his attorney from the public attorney's office on the news tonight. His lawyer asked the public not to judge him yet because they suspect that this case is being manipulated and rushed by pointing at the husband as the main suspect. He claims that he doesn't have the capacity to hire people and pay thousands to kill his wife because he doesn't even have a job. He says that he will fight for this case so he could also clear his wife's name who is being talked about to have been in some kind of third party relationship and that their baby is not really the husband's own. So now the husband has aired his version on public but a lot still has to be done to find out what the truth is in this heinous crime.

Comment

Originally posted by gracer View Post
                        Briannagodess Thank you for sharing this update. I have also just read about this through Facebook and many of the comments I've read did have some points in them. People are questioning why he used 6 sim cards in calling Globe and why he would use "security reasons" as an alibi in using 6 sim cards. Why would anyone think of security reasons in just simply calling for an internet service repair? Another thing is his wearing of a mask during TV interviews. Why does he have to hide his face? People are now speculating that the husband could have found out that the baby is not his baby and he planned on the killing of his wife because he couldn't accept the infidelity his wife did. This case really does have a lot of things behind it besides the angle of robbery. It's just so sad that they had to include the baby in the crime. They could have at least spared the innocent child.
                        Goodness, here's another article about the news. Apparently, one of the suspects was seized and he pointed to the husband as the one who paid them to kill the wife. The suspect said that the husband, Sta. Ana, paid them an initial fee of 10,000 to kill the woman, who they said he didn't say was his wife. The suspect told the police that Sta. Ana claimed that the woman is the wife of his sibling and she has an affair. Sta. Ana allegedly wanted a revenge.

Sta. Ana's lawyer claims that her client is not hiding. She also said why would he let his own son, who looks just like him, be killed?

This case has a lot of mysteries...
                        SAN PEDRO CITY—Police on Monday filed parricide charges against Richard Sta. Ana, the husband of the woman who was killed with her son inside their house in Sta. Rosa City in Laguna province on

Comment

Persida Acosta, the lawyer of the husband spoke on a TV interview yesterday and she's really mad at the police investigators because she suspects that the case is being rushed as solved by some people. She's asking the investigators to look at the case in a wider view and not only focus on the husband. She claims that the evidences and information shown on TV were all tallied up by one of the suspects who surrendered himself to involve the husband as the person behind the crime. As a spectator, I couldn't determine who is telling the truth among them at the moment because all the involved persons are pointing at each other.

Comment

Working...
                          X