Three Dead At Movie Theater Shooting In Louisiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three Dead At Movie Theater Shooting In Louisiana

According to CNN, a gunman shot at least nine people at The Grand movie theater in Louisiana tonight, killing two, and then himself. It is believed that the suspect was a 58-year-old man and was armed with a handgun.

This NBC report says that some of the wounded are in critical condition.

Witness Katie Domingue told the local Advertiser newspaper that the gunman was an older white man who stood up in the theater and began shooting.

"He wasn't saying anything. I didn't hear anybody screaming either," Domingue said.

Keifer Sanders told CNN that some 100 people were in the theater when the gunman opened fire.
    As this is a developing story, additional updates can be found here and here
    Last edited by dillinger10; 07-23-2015, 11:07 PM.

Wow another terrible tragedy. It is happening far too often these days. I will definitely be watching for updates on this one.

Comment

When I started this thread last night at the early hours in the morning, little information was known about the shooter and possible motives. This morning has brought a few new details to light although his motive is still unknown.

As moviegoers settled in for the comedy "Trainwreck," John Russell Houser stood up and unloaded at least 13 shots. Then, as people rushed from the theater, the 59-year-old man joined them and headed outside, apparently toward his blue 1995 Lincoln Continental.

Then Houser noticed the sirens from police converging on the Lafayette, Louisiana, theater. So he went back inside and took his own life with a .40-caliber handgun.
      Authorities say that the mans was a drifter who had become estranged from his family and treated for mental health issues in 2008 and 2009. He was denied a concealed carry permit in 2006 after an arrest involving arson. He was evicted from his home in March 2014, at which point he damaged the property and done something to the gas line and fireplace.

When searching his hotel room after the incident, authorities found wigs, glasses and other disguises while also swapping out the license plates on his car, making it appear that this was not a spontaneous act.

More can be read here.

Comment

I literally feel like every week someone new is spree killing in the United States. I love to travel within the US, but have feared leaving the country. Maybe I should be more afraid to leave my house? Compound this with statistics stating that at any one time there are at least 50 active serial killers roaming about, it just makes me want to go into seclusion and never return.

Comment

Working...
        X