Father accidentally killed daughter while parking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father accidentally killed daughter while parking

In Sandakan, Malaysia, a father was reparking his car in the garage and accidentally hit his daughter. The family went to a relative's house to celebrate Hari Raya. The girl, Mutia Noraini Ayup, died because of severe head injuries as she was being rushed to the hospital. She died even before reaching the hospital.
    A man reparking his vehicle at a relative's house, where the family had come on an Hari Raya Aidilfitri visit Friday night, accidentally ran over and killed his

Wow, this is tragic. This man is going to feel guilt for the rest of his life.
    I feel that accidents such as this are on the rise in our world. Just the other day a person was backing up out of their garage and almost hit me. I feel like people aren't following every rule they once did when they had to get their first drivers license. It's really important to do everything the right way and go back to the roots of how we were taught to be careful and cautious..

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Blush View Post
      Wow, this is tragic. This man is going to feel guilt for the rest of his life.
      I feel that accidents such as this are on the rise in our world. Just the other day a person was backing up out of their garage and almost hit me. I feel like people aren't following every rule they once did when they had to get their first drivers license. It's really important to do everything the right way and go back to the roots of how we were taught to be careful and cautious..
      I wonder too what will his penalty be as the article did not state any. Is he not liable for any crime as the accident is purely an accident? Though I guess his feeling of guilt is enough to haunt him for the rest of his life.

Drivers nowadays are very careless. Instead of them being careful not to hit anyone, it is actually better if WE are the ones being vigilant about them. I try to cross the streets only when no car is passing or the cars are still far away. When my son walks outside, I carry him immediately if there is a vehicle even if it is far from us.

Comment

What a terrible thing to have to life with the rest of your life. People have to be more aware of their surroundings. It seems now a days everybody is in a rush or their minds are preoccupied. I feel so sorry for this man and his family. I don't know how a person can ever get past such a thing. This is so sad and tragic.

Comment

This is so disturbing and I have heard of several similar incidents even in my country. I cannot even imagine how that father and the entire family must be feeling. Such incidents should help others with especially toddlers and small children to be more careful around them and provide constant supervision. It's best to take the precautions necessary because it is not easy to live with regrets. I hope the members family, especially the father, have been receiving counselling as this can be a very difficult time and can have significant psychological effects.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandramc View Post
            This is so disturbing and I have heard of several similar incidents even in my country. I cannot even imagine how that father and the entire family must be feeling. Such incidents should help others with especially toddlers and small children to be more careful around them and provide constant supervision. It's best to take the precautions necessary because it is not easy to live with regrets. I hope the members family, especially the father, have been receiving counselling as this can be a very difficult time and can have significant psychological effects.
            It is very important not to take your eyes off of your child. Just a quick one second turn is enough for a child to run away or even be taken by a stranger. If possible, carry your child when there is an approaching car or when in crowded places. It is our job as parents to protect and save our children from accidents waiting to happen. And it is us who will be eaten by our conscience if something terrible happens to them.

Comment

So tragic. The father must have felt the worst pain ever. He may be blaming himself as of now.
              That is a sad story, I just hope that the family would find comfort sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Mae View Post
                So tragic. The father must have felt the worst pain ever. He may be blaming himself as of now.
                That is a sad story, I just hope that the family would find comfort sooner.
                Yes it is quite a tragic story. I do not blame the father for the accident, I know that it is not on purpose. But somehow, they are still liable for it. The mother should have held the child so she will not have been hit by the car. As parents, it is our responsibility to take care of the kids. I hope they learn well from this mistake and get over through this tough time.

Comment

This is really a terrible tragedy and I hope many parents should learn a lesson with this story. Children should not be left unattended until they became more independent and knows what is dangerous and what is not. This family is gong to experience something that will haunt them forever. I don't known if this family will stay strong because tragedies like this breaks families apart. It is Only an accident but forgiveness will be hard to process in events like this.

Comment

As a parent, I know that this must have been the most horrifying of experience for that man. Most bad experiences can be worked through, but this one is just something else. One just can't be too careful with wee ones. What a sad story.
                    "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

Billy & @ASurvivor:

It is indeed a terrible tragedy! I cannot imagine the guilt that the father and mother are both feeling. It is very important to keep both eyes at your child. A story has been circulating in facebook wherein a child and mother is in a mall. The mother just turned her back for a few seconds and when she turned around, her child was gone. She then saw the child holding the hands of a stranger. Good thing she caught them and got her child. Even a split second look away can make you lose your child. I try to just carry my son in crowded places.

Comment

This is a really tragic history, I can't even imagine myself being in that situation (and I'm not even a parent!) the guilt that the father should be experimenting is unimaginable... But accidents happen and that was an accident, I just hope that knows how to deal with that situation in the best way that's possible!

Comment

Accidentally killing a family member is somewhat common. There was a local man in my home state that was playing around with a pistol, and pointed it at his teen daughter, and it went off, killing her. I think he realized that it was loaded, but thought the safety was on. In his case, he received massive criticism, because it was horseplay that could have been easily avoided, but it was still an accident. Not only will this man have to deal with a freak occurrence (by his hand) that ended his daughter's life, but he probably saw jail time anyway.

Comment

How sad. It's so important to be aware of where small children are when moving a vehicle. Even children who are taught to stay away sometimes forget and run after a toy or pet into harms way. Best to not move if you can't see where everyone is for sure.

Comment

anorexorcist
                              Yes it was an accident although it could have been possibly averted if the parents kept an eye on the little child. It is quite sad that they have to learn this the hard way and have to deal with the guilt forever. I hope they recover well and learn very well from this mistake.

primalclaws
                              Thanks for sharing that story! It is indeed an unfortunate situation for that father. However, he should have been extra cautious in handling the weapon while his child is around. Even the best gunman can have an accident while handling his gun. What more a normal person right? I pity him but somehow he is very careless in his actions.

Comment

Working...
                              X