Road Rage Results to Death of Elderly Man

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Rage Results to Death of Elderly Man

Reading this news gave me a feeling of remorse for the person who killed an elderly man just because of road rage. I have already heard numerous stories of crimes committed due to road rage and it really itís just so disappointing and worrying to hear about such news.

A 79-year-old man died of stabbing as a result of a suspected road rage in Southern England last Thursday night. His car collided with another car driven by a man around 30-40 year old who stabbed him to death after the collision.

The suspect got out of his car and stabbed the 79-year-old man then suddenly drove away. Police officers are now trying to track down the suspect.

Hereís the link to the story:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-...d0db4cbfe022ed

This story has understandably dominated the UK headlines of late. It's such a shock. Whether or not the victim was liable for the accident is not important right now. Even if he was, you have to wonder why this man had a weapon on him in the first place. He was clearly prepared to do something that night.
    gracer likes this.

Comment

Aggression should really be checked in a person before issuing him a driving license. Many people are very aggressive and has anger issues. I have seen a lot of car accidents where the motorists resort to violence to get their way and prove that they are in the right. Whenever you let your emotions take the best of you, you tend to not think rationally and hence, you do things that are not well thought of.

I feel sad for this old man who is so powerless against this younger man. It is not right to use aggression and might in resolving a conflict. All it does is make you do rash decisions that hurt other people. Hurting another is never the answer to problems. I hope this old man may rest in peace and the attacker may be found.
      gracer likes this.

Comment

You're right missbishi missbishi. If the old man was the one who was at fault, it still wasn't enough reason for someone to kill another person. I really feel sorry for the old man because he was already old. He should be dying peacefully instead of suffering such a horrible death.

Briannagodess agodess An update on the story revealed that the man who stabbed the old man is now finally under police custody, he's a 34-year-old man named Matthew Daley. The man who was stabbed was Don Lock.

Here's a link on the updated story:

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-...d0db4cbfe022ed

Comment

This is very sad. No matter who was at fault this older gentleman did not deserve to die this way. Imagine how he must have felt and I can't even imagine what his family is going through. I am glad this story to getting out there because there is just far to much road rage. It makes people on edge the whole time they are driving. You never know who is going to pull out a gun and shoot you. Very tragic.
          gracer likes this.

Comment

You're right Susan. I've noticed that so many people are now so hot headed when driving nowadays. Everyone wants to get to their destination as fast as they could and when they encounter other drivers who get in their way or annoy them in some way, anger immediately sets in. I have also seen other news reports of road rage in the past and it just saddens and disappoints me how some people could be so full of anger in their hearts.

I remember seeing a news report from China where a man pulled over a lady driver who cut in on his way. When the lady pulled over, the guy forcefully pulled her out of her car and mauled her on the side of the road. I couldn't afford looking at the site of the woman being punched and kicked by a guy. The woman was so helpless and she didnít even know the guy. I could just imagine if I were in that kind of situation. My own husband never even hit me then suddenly a guy I don't even know would do that to me in public. It's just so hard to envision.

Comment

What exactly can fuel such extreme aggression that involves killing a senior citizen who happens to collide with one's car?
              I'd say that there would have to be more involved that "just" road rage. There must be some history of drug abuse or some psychotic incidence that preceded this horrible attack. I feel very sorry for this poor man who had to die a senseless death.
              I know what it means to be the victim of road rage, but thankfully I am still here to tell the tale...
              gracer likes this.

Comment

Working...
              X