Major Drug Lord Escapes Mexican Prison

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Drug Lord Escapes Mexican Prison

There have been several stories running on the net about this drug lord who escaped the Mexican Prison. Apparently he did it Hollywood style and dug a tunnel out of the prison, much to the authorities embarrassment. Here is an article from Reuters talking about the FBI, DEA and Mexican Agents working together to figure out how to get him back behind bars.
    U.S. officials met with agents of the Mexican attorney general's office this week to discuss the recent escape from prison of drug kingpin Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman and coordinate efforts to
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Wow, that is just incredible. I sometimes get the feeling that all of our Hollywood movies are to blame when situations like this happen. There have been tv shows based around clever ways to escape prison as well as clever ways to just get out of somewhere. I do hope this person is captured quick since being called a "lord" in the drug industry is frightening to the public I would imagine.

Comment

It's not Hollywood, it's history. Anyone heard of the great escape before. I'm not talking about Superman roller coaster ride at Six Flags either. Allied POWs in World War 2 actually dug a tunnel in a German concentration camp and escaped. Most of them were recaptured in the end but this type of event actually did happen.

Comment

I am an Engineer myself and i can't help but admire and appreciate the engineering skill this guy took to dig a tunnel from a mile away and end up precisely at that shower stall.
        On the other hand,he was actually convicted in the U.S and now the Mexican Gov. refuses the U.S assistance in recapturing him with drones and other agents. This can only mean one thing the Mexican Gov. fully supports the drug dealer and dealing,maybe.

Comment

Well, it all sounds very fantastic, and it even "glorifies" his actions to a certain degree. But in my humble opinion, I am quite sure that he had plenty of help on the inside and outside to escape prison. Probably he'll get back to prison himself when he is finished doing what he needs doing on the outside. Prison is probably a safer place for him, instead of facing the risk of getting himself killed while on the run.

Comment

That seems to be the consensus on the net amethyst. Many believe the Mexican Government allowed for him to escape and that is why they are refusing the US's help in recapturing him. Plus it is odd that he was able to dig the tunnel as far as he did without anyone noticing what was going on. Needless to say, that was a very crazy escape.

JoshPosh I heard of that escape.... that is where Hollywood got theirs for the movies. However, the mass majority of the world gets their information from Hollywood. I would not doubt that that nut probably saw it in an American movie and decided to try it when he was in prison.

Comment

This really is terrifying. This is a very dangerous person that we are talking about here. Who knows what he might do. Plus, now he probably feels like he is invincible due to being able to escape like he did. I hope they find him soon and put him back behind bars where he belongs.

Comment

I have been checking around for more updated information to see if he had been captured yet. No capture announcements. I have found out that this is the second time in 15 years he had escaped from prison.

Comment

Working...
                X