Girl allegedly got raped by a 13 year old boy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Girl allegedly got raped by a 13 year old boy

In Port Townsend Washington, a girl was allegedly raped by a minor aged 13 year old in a bus. Her aunt told the authorities about the rape. The boy is now charged with three counts of first degree rape. He is set to go on juvenile court.

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2015/07/03...ntcmp=trending

Cases like these are really sensitive because the person who allegedly committed the criminal act is also a minor so he is still protected by the law. It's so disheartening to hear about these kinds of stories because at the age of 13, about doing criminal acts such as rape. Everything again goes back to the home. Children really need proper guidance and open communication with their parents so they won't be tempted to go down the dark path of crime and violence.

Comment

It really is heartbreaking but somehow, I believe at the age of thirteen, a child already has knowledge of what is right and wrong. Though it is still the parents whi have the biggest responsibility in instilling the right conduct in their children. But in these times, kids are exposed really early to things that confuse their mental health and it somehow confuse their notion of what is right and wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Briannagodess View Post
        It really is heartbreaking but somehow, I believe at the age of thirteen, a child already has knowledge of what is right and wrong. Though it is still the parents whi have the biggest responsibility in instilling the right conduct in their children. But in these times, kids are exposed really early to things that confuse their mental health and it somehow confuse their notion of what is right and wrong.
        I agree with you, by 13 they do know right and wrong and he knew this was wrong. He probably did not have a good understanding of the consequences though. If children are raised by parents who respect their children's intelligence and capabilities, they will learn to be responsible and make good decisions at a young age. If they are not held accountable for their actions consistently as young children, they won't learn that.

Comment

Its heartbreaking to see stories of rape especially at an age like 13. I believe that at this point the boy need to have a very strict education process because doing something like this to another human being is not acceptable. Everything comes from the root of a persons upbringing and I feel like the parents and friends of this child need to be spoken to, to see if they have had an influence on his mental thinking. I hope that this problem in his household and in himself gets fixed soon since it would be a tragedy if he grows up thinking that his actions are completely fine.

Comment

Originally posted by DancingLady View Post

I agree with you, by 13 they do know right and wrong and he knew this was wrong. He probably did not have a good understanding of the consequences though. If children are raised by parents who respect their children's intelligence and capabilities, they will learn to be responsible and make good decisions at a young age. If they are not held accountable for their actions consistently as young children, they won't learn that.
            You are right, most parents nowadays are either too strict or too lenient. There has to be a good balance where the child has an environment where his actions are monitored and reprimanded when something wrong is done or praised when something good is done. Because sometimes as parents, we forget that children need support and love too as well as discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna Blush View Post
              Its heartbreaking to see stories of rape especially at an age like 13. I believe that at this point the boy need to have a very strict education process because doing something like this to another human being is not acceptable. Everything comes from the root of a persons upbringing and I feel like the parents and friends of this child need to be spoken to, to see if they have had an influence on his mental thinking. I hope that this problem in his household and in himself gets fixed soon since it would be a tragedy if he grows up thinking that his actions are completely fine.
              I hope so too because it is really not too late for him to change especially as he is young and has a lot of time ahead of him. This should be a lesson for him and he should not be labeled as a delinquent already but rather a child who committed a mistake. His family should be there for him to guide him.

As for the girl, I hope she becomes strong after this and do not lose her way. She has a bright future if she can overcome this and of course she will especially with the help of people she loves and loves her!

Comment

These incidents are so horrifying. A 13-year boy can definitely distinguish between good and bad things and what he has done is beyond imagination. I squarely hold the boys' parents responsible as it the incident speaks volumes on their upbringing of their children. This is irresponsible on their part, without a second thought. Spare a thought for the little girl child. Hope she stays strong!

Comment

This is a really heartbreaking history, because they are kids...and I can't imagine the psychological damage that this boy has caused to the little girl.
                  Have we failed as society? Or is the way that certain people are raised? Or maybe a combination of those two? However, this is a really sad situation, and I really hope that this boy receive the help and the punishment that he needs.

Comment

The sad thing about this is that if convicted, he will likely be released by 21. I don't know what the actual laws are, but since he is too young to be tried as an adult, he can only be held so long. I have seen this multiple times in the USA, even for murder. My view is that if they are committing such atrocities so young, it probably has a lot to do with environment around them. Most likely the incarcerated surroundings won't be better, and when released, they will return to their origins, likely not learning a thing. The next time they commit a serious offense the punishment will be a lot stricter.

Comment

anorexorcist Bonzer
                      I agree with you both a 100 percent! A child at that young age that commits a crime as heinous as that, there has to be some negligence on his parents' part. I know someone who has this bad mouth and bad attitude. She is already 27 year old and she acts like a spoiled brat. She constantly insults people and thinks so highly of herself. I cannot help but blame her mother for bringing her up that way. And this one is old enough. What more this little boy? What values have been instilled in him at this point? I do hope these bad values will not linger until he is old just like this girl I know.

Comment

primalclaws
                        Here in our country, if a child committed a crime at 18 year old and below, they will be tried and held by a juvenile delinquency court and place. They will stay there until they are old enough to be transferred to adult prison. At least this is what I remember, I do not know if this has changed. And I think this is the best way to make the child realize his mistakes. It is sad that they have to go to adult prison but I still believe that these children do know right from wrong.

Comment

It's clear that an average 13 year old can understand the difference between right and wrong and would understand what rape is. What's important now is that this boy receives the correct rehabilitational therapy.

The temptation is to think "Lock him up and throw away the key". However, he will be released at some point, like it or not. It is important that the issues that led to him committing this crime get resolved and put to bed, if not for his own good then for the good of society.

Comment

that's really sad news ! he is 13 yo and she is only 7 yo !! the fault is the boy's parent, today parents doesn't do their best to educate their children, how a 13 years old knew how to rape a girl ? from the internet for sure, parents doesn't them either ! I really can't imagine the idea ! I really think that they need to take him to psychologist because he is not normal !

Comment

Isn't it amazing how much the world has changed over the last few decades. When I was that age I didn't even know that sex existed. Certainly not at the age of 7!
                              What ever possessed this kid to do such an awful thing to another kid? Obviously, he must have picked up things from the internet or from older kids. Whichever way it goes, I am glad that he has been put into juvenile detention, and that he will be punished. In many countries it's not a foregone conclusion. Things get swept under the carpet and girls are forced to deal with early pregnancies.
                              It's really quite sickening to read such things.

Comment

Working...
                              X