Mother and Toddler Survive 4 Days In Jungle After Plane Crash

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mother and Toddler Survive 4 Days In Jungle After Plane Crash

A mother and your toddler son were lost in the Jungles of Columbia for 4 days after the Cessna plane they were in crashed landed.

Originally posted by Huffington Post
    Marie Nelly Murillo, 18, and her 1-year-old son were the sole passengers on a small Cessna plane that crashed into trees near the city of Quibdo, the BBC reports. The pilot was killed, but rescuers believe that the pair were saved by the plane’s load of fish, which absorbed some of the impact to the cabin.
    Hearing stories about the jungles of Columbia, that is no small feat. They are full of poisonous snakes and dangerous predators. According to the article the mother said she and her son survived on coconut water while they were there.
    A mother and her toddler who managed to survive a plane crash in Colombia have been found and rescued after spending four days in the jungle. Marie Nelly Murillo, 18, and her 1-year-old son were th
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Wow! This story is amazing. Imagine being stranded in a jungle. Imagine surviving a plane crash. They are truly blessed to have survived this.

Comment

That's wild! I suppose those mommy instincts and the drive to protect your young really have to be the driving motivation there.

Comment

This kind of story is really heartwarming and for me, it is a good read. Once there was a story in Readers Digest about a plane crash in the mountains of South America. The story vividly told of how the survivors were able to last the month long ordeal. It's hard to imagine the part where the survivors sliced the flesh of those who died to serve as their food. By the way, the mountains have snow (or ice) so water was not much of a problem.

Comment

You never know your own will to survive until a crisis such as this happens. For some, they would not have survived the ordeal because they did not have the will. They let fear take over and they make poor decisions. This woman obviously did not let fear take her over and she had a strong survival instinct for both her sake and her sons.

Comment

The real threat in Colombian jungles are the guerrillas and narco-traffickers. That's why you can never visit certain areas of this beautiful country. The risk of being kidnapped, attacked, or killed, is very high. This mother and her son were very lucky to be rescued. Colombians are extremely resilient people who know how to live and survive under circumstances that the majority of people from first world countries would find very challenging. It's all a matter of instinct and adaptation.

Comment

I found this image of the plane crash they survived. They were lucky to have survived the crash as it was, surviving 4 days in the jungle on top of it makes it a miracle.

Comment

What a miracle! A mother will do anything to protect her child, I guarantee you. This is a very positive, good vibes story. Being able to survive in a jungle is a great deal, having to get away from snakes and other wild animals. They are strong people and deserve to live long!

Comment

That is what we call good luck. That's a piece of good news am happy for both the mother and the child. Can you imagine the horror of experiencing a plane crash and being in the jungle for 4 days where dangerous animals exist?

Comment

The baby will never remember what he and his mom have been through but I am sure when he gets older, his mom will tell him how the 2 of them survived a very dangerous jungle after a plane crash. I admire this mother's perseverance to survive because not only she saved her life on her own, she gets to protect her son. This is a great story of Survival. A mother never gave up on a very overwhelming hopeless situation and will power and endurance helped her and her son to survive.

Comment

This is a spectacular story. It is truly a miracle and this is a story that they will be retelling everybody. I love seeing stories of such survival because at the end of the day humans are very strong. I believe that we all never know what kind of survival skills will kick in within us in different situations. We may be scared and frightened but our survival and want to live is much greater.

Comment

I have been trying to find an update on the story of the mother and child to see how they were doing or if the mother told of what occurred when they were lost, but I can't find anything. Anyone else come across any updates on this story?

Comment

What a brave mother! She not only survived but also saved her child in the most perilous conditions. Courage is a virtue. The woman deserves all the praise in the world. I suppose, this could be a great subject to Hollywood filmmakers. lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X