Keynote: Dr. William R. Forstchen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keynote: Dr. William R. Forstchen

The following talk and Q&A session took place at Sensible Mountain Preparedness Seminar. The speaker is Dr. William Forstchen who authored the book One Second After. He covers EMP, cyberterrorism, (to some extent) chemical weapons, our infrastructure, etc. Anyway, I just thought I'd pass it along as I found it interesting. Cheers.

preppergirl likes this.
    "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

I recently got this book on my Kindle. I haven't had a chance to read it yet (I bought it when it was on an offer!) but I am hoping it's going to be a good read. I will watch this video too, thanks for sharing, I am always interested in stuff like this - you can never have too much information as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

His book will really get you thinking about EMP and what it would portend if one's nation is attacked with such a device. While fiction, and I hope it stays in the realm of fiction, it is very realistic and the science behind it is solid. Alas, our infrastructure is still very vulnerable to such an attack.
      "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

Originally posted by ASurvivor View Post
        His book will really get you thinking about EMP and what it would portend if one's nation is attacked with such a device. While fiction, and I hope it stays in the realm of fiction, it is very realistic and the science behind it is solid. Alas, our infrastructure is still very vulnerable to such an attack.
        Have you read Last Light, by Alex Scarrow? That was the book that really got me into prepping. It makes for very sobering reading, and to be honest, the general plot outline is not that far fetched; it's based on a massive oil crisis which cuts off the majority of the supply and the ensuing societal breakdown. There's also a follow up called Afterlight - not as good in my opinion but definitely worth a read.
        Last edited by preppergirl; 03-25-2016, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Its great that people like this exist, I hope he carries on in his endeavors on educating us about the problems we face today. Forstchen has some good points and he seems like an intelligent individual. I'll definitely look into his books when I have the chance, make use of that Kindle app.

Comment

Working...
          X