Huge meteor strikes in Iran.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge meteor strikes in Iran.

Iranian officials are conforming that there was a meteor strike in that country. The meteor (or maybe multiple meteors) spread rocks over several areas when the meteor crashed into the ground.
    Since the strikes happened in several regions, it would appear that there were multiple meteor strikes, and some reports on youtube are saying that there was massive destruction in the areas where the meteors struck.
    They think that this was caused from the debris of a sun-diving comet which passes close to the earth every year around the end of July.

http://en.trend.az/iran/society/2421112.html
    Billy likes this.

I hope the religious leaders won't use it as an excuse to rid more rights for women, I remember years ago when Iran got attacked by an Earthquake they blamed it to women who doesn't wear the standard clothing they were forcing them to wear. Women in Iran are dressing up more liberal now and they were gaining more rights. I really hope the religious leaders won't this meteor strike to the growing liberalism of the Iranian youth. Iran is on the road to secularism and I don't want this natural occurrence to be seen as divine intervention.
    Last edited by Billy; 08-04-2015, 06:17 AM.

Comment

• amethyst
      amethyst commented
      Editing a comment
      That is really shocking news to me. I haven't heard about it before. It's completely insane.
      It would be nice if a meteor struck right into the center of a convention of religious leaders...
      Interestingly enough, I always wonder why meteors usually strike in isolated or desert areas?

These are indeed strange times. I read on this for that um sometime back that the heat index in Iran soared up to165 degrees. Looks like their are getting an early taste of hell which is certainly headed their way.
    dillinger10 : why none of the mainstream media outlets are not reporting on this? I Could see only a Youtube video reporting this .!!

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post
      These are indeed strange times. I read on this for that um sometime back that the heat index in Iran soared up to165 degrees. Looks like their are getting an early taste of hell which is certainly headed their way.
      dillinger10 : why none of the mainstream media outlets are not reporting on this? I Could see only a Youtube video reporting this .!!
      That is actually a very good question and observation, and one sadly, I don't have an answer to. I have just spent the last 15-minutes digging around to see if I could find any reports on any of the mainstream media websites or newswires but came up empty handed. Nothing from the AP, Reuters, AFP, CNN, Fox, BBC, Al Jazeera or even RT News.

Comment

Originally posted by dillinger10 View Post

That is actually a very good question and observation, and one sadly, I don't have an answer to. I have just spent the last 15-minutes digging around to see if I could find any reports on any of the mainstream media websites or newswires but came up empty handed. Nothing from the AP, Reuters, AFP, CNN, Fox, BBC, Al Jazeera or even RT News.
        Has this meteor disrupted any communication panels/path ?
        Actually even today as well,i tried my luck for a further read but to no avail.Either way at least some cared to brief it on YT :/ lest we never would have known.

Oh wait do you think the heat index rise bears any pertinence to this ?

Comment

I think that we are going to see a lot more of these over the near future. Late July through October is typically an active time in Earth's skies. With the population's rapid increase and crumbling infrastructure, these meteor strikes are going to cause a lot more damage.

Comment

Working...
          X