Extremely antibiotic resistant bacteria

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extremely antibiotic resistant bacteria

I have been reading in numerous sources (including specials on TV), of bacteria that is fighting off antibiotics. There are several reasons why this is happening. The first reason is that since their inception, antibiotics have prescribed and taken like candy, for almost everything. Many of these prescriptions (at least half), are unnecessary, and the body would eventually fight off the invaders on it's own. The other main reason is that there isn't money in it for the pharmaceutical companies to develop a new antibiotic, as it can take many years to come to market. Some sources claim that as few as one new antibiotic is available in the American every decade. This gives bacteria plenty of time to develop defenses. What are your thoughts? Will our society one day return to its untreatable era in the area of effective antibiotic treatments? Is it already too late?

I have been made aware of this growing concern. It is a reality that many antibiotics are now ineffective for most persons. The reasons you have stated are also true for the most part. In addition, one of the main reasons why antibiotics are now ineffective is lack of compliance of those to whom they have been prescribed. Often, individuals do not take the entire amount of antibiotic prescribed but cease as soon as they are feeling well. This results in surviving bacteria developing resistance to that antibiotic. This resistance may be passed on to other bacteria and also passed on to the future generation of bacteria. Also, the appropriate antibiotic should be prescribed for each patient and only when an antibiotic is necessary.
    primalclaws likes this.

Comment

I think that it would be a very good idea for people to take more responsibility for their health instead of swallowing everything that some person in a white coat prescribes, or tells them. Often, I am quite amazed at how a vast majority of people are not aware of natural antibiotics, such as garlic, honey, papaya seeds, etc. It's a totally foreign concept to them. They have been brainwashed into believing that they will suffer dire consequences if they don't ingest the prescribed pharmaceuticals. Is it any wonder that their bodies can't fight new strains of bacteria anymore? Their systems have become weak from the overuse of antibiotics.

Comment

We are almost there already. Untreatable infection is probably going to happen much more frequently as the tears go by. We only think we are smart enough to overcome these things, but we are fooling ourselves. God will not let that happen in this age. I think resistant bacteria are probably part of God's plan honestly. It is and will be a disaster that will prove to all of us that we are not the ones in control.

Comment

I have been guilty of the posts made here. Whenever a physician prescribes me an antibiotic, I tend to not follow the directions accurately. I do not drink the medicine exactly in time. And most of the time, when I feel better already, I stop drinking the medicine.

I do not even know why I am so lazy to drinking medicines. I have this habit of neglecting taking care of myself. With my son, I follow all physician's directions exactly as they say it. Of course, as a parent you will do everything for your child.

So I guess because of these mistakes, many people have developed a resistance in antibiotics. I may add also that some people seem to be a pill popper. Even just for little pains, they tend to drink a medicine for that. Which is very unhealthy as you become dependent to the medicine.

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            I think that it would be a very good idea for people to take more responsibility for their health instead of swallowing everything that some person in a white coat prescribes, or tells them. Often, I am quite amazed at how a vast majority of people are not aware of natural antibiotics, such as garlic, honey, papaya seeds, etc. It's a totally foreign concept to them. They have been brainwashed into believing that they will suffer dire consequences if they don't ingest the prescribed pharmaceuticals. Is it any wonder that their bodies can't fight new strains of bacteria anymore? Their systems have become weak from the overuse of antibiotics.
            I know there are a lot of foods that have medicinal properties, but I don't believe garlic and honey are going to be as effective as antibiotics (of they work in the first place). Honey, garlic, and even cinnamon are more effective in keeping the immune system strong, rather than fighting off an infection. Furthermore, I don't think that antibiotics are weakening their systems, per se. It is possible that the body's defenses have lowered, because the antibiotics have done most of the work for them. It's like an athlete that doesn't work out. They will lose their edge, and their physique eventually.

Comment

primalclaws, judging by all the people that I have come across who have complained to me about their impaired digestive systems, and 'not quite feeling the same anymore' after taking courses of antibiotics, I think that their systems are definitely weakened. Antibiotics kill friendly gut bacteria and, unfortunately, many allopathic medical practitioners fail to mention that to their patients.
              I don't dispute the life saving effect of antibiotics in serious cases. I was talking from a more general point of view. I have never taken any antibiotics throughout my adult life, and neither has anyone in my family.
              We have solely relied on natural remedies and continue to do so. Mind you, we haven't exactly lived a sheltered urban life, but have experienced quite a few 'interesting' infections and injuries while living in tropical jungle areas.

Comment

Yes, I totally agree with you that over use of antibiotics can cause serious after-effects on us. In a developing country like India, it is more rampant. Everybody knows that antibiotics kills good bacteria in our body while trying to kill the disease causing bacteria. This way they adversely affect the immunity power of the body. Ultimately the patient will become more prone to diseases with a very low immunity.

But it is found that continuous over use of antibiotics will lead to the development super-bugs which are very powerful and can resist against our most powerful antibiotics. The only way to curb this situation is through judicious use of antibiotics.

Comment

I can compare an antibiotic to a comedian. I watched to much materials from a certain comedian comedian. At first air find his jokes her hilarious but after watching too much videos of him, his jokes can't make me laugh anymore. People who watched him for the first time still laugh from his jokes. In this case the bacterium, they got too much exposure from the antibiotics .

I am afraid of the possibility they will completely get immunity from the Anti Biotics. I really hope scientists will always find a cure whenever they mutate or evolved.

Comment

Working...
                  X