Missing women in Mexico

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing women in Mexico

Mariana is one of the growing number of women who disappeared in Mexico. She is lost now for ten months but her mother still believes she is alive. Authorities informed her mother that they found her body and buried it. However, they claim that they did not let the mother see the body because she is not yet ready to see it.

Mariana's mother insists to see the body and have it DNA tested. But the authorities would not listen to her. For now, she believes that her daughter is alive somewhere.

Link: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/703171/...central-mexico

This is very shocking to me that authorities would prevent a wish from the mother. She gave birth to her daughter and now is restricted from seeing if this is her. The authorities want to prevent the mother from being scarred from this scene. On the other hand I feel the mother needs closure in this situation and should be able to see one last time. I hope that all the missing girls will be found safe and sound and that cases like this will not exist anymore. There are way too many mentally ill individuals wandering this earth and parents need to keep their children much closer in my opinion.

Comment

You are right! They should let her see her daughter's body but I think since they would not, there might be an issue here. They are probably protecting the syndicate that takes the women in Mexico. Because why else would they not let her see her daughter's body?

Comment

They have to show proof of identity, otherwise how do they know? If the body is decomposed, it could any missing woman with a similar description. I suspect there is a serious trafficking issue going in here and corrupt officials are trying to cover it up so the families do not keep searching and eventually find new it what really happened.

Comment

Trafficking and gender hate crimes are the main angles that some activists in Mexico are looking into. I read it in another article. It also states that maybe corrupt politicians are involved as to why no bodies are seen or investigations are made. Here is the link:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ng-girls-canal

Comment

Mexico is one of the most dangerous countries in Latin America. I have Mexican friends who have come to live here in Colombia, and they think this place is like paradise in comparison to where they come from.
            The sad fact is that people here disappear without a trace, falling victims to organ and drug trafficking, and the relatives of the victims are left in the dark, as the authorities themselves are often involved in the crimes. There are things in this part of the world that I could have never even imagined before I came to live here. It's true that you can get killed for a pair of shoes at any time you step outside into the street.

Comment

If I had not read this article, I would not have known how dangerous is Mexico for women. Which is really sad as women are supposed to be respected and cherished. It really is a scary world we live in, I have said this a hundred times. Forget going home in the middle of the night especially if you are a female. It is frightening just to go out alone. We need to fight this and learn to protect ourselves. How many more women need to die before we come to our senses?

Comment

This is another reason why women should consider having martial arts lessons and getting a gun. In this dangerous times, women needed to learn how to be able to defend their selves. We are living in a very dangerous world and its more practical to be self reliant than waiting for someone to rescue you in times of peril. I believe violence against women will drop if women will learn what do when it comes to dealing with dangerous people.

Comment

I think the fact that they wouldn't let the mom see the body or get DNA from the body then it is not likely the young girl's body. They just wanted to close the case and for the mom to go away so they no longer have to deal with the investigation. It all sounds really shady to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
                    This is another reason why women should consider having martial arts lessons and getting a gun. In this dangerous times, women needed to learn how to be able to defend their selves. We are living in a very dangerous world and its more practical to be self reliant than waiting for someone to rescue you in times of peril. I believe violence against women will drop if women will learn what do when it comes to dealing with dangerous people.
                    You are very right! It is important that we learn how to defend ourselves. There will be no knight in shining armor to save us anymore. The world today is dangerous and to have someone that will save you is a privilege only presidents or politicians can afford. Violence is not always the answer but sometimes it is. We cannot just go and pray for the person who attacked or abused us. We have to learn to protect ourselves from them.

Comment

Originally posted by Susan View Post
                      I think the fact that they wouldn't let the mom see the body or get DNA from the body then it is not likely the young girl's body. They just wanted to close the case and for the mom to go away so they no longer have to deal with the investigation. It all sounds really shady to me.
                      That is what I thought too. Either they are covering something up or they did not really bother to investigate the case. I feel so sorry for the girl's family that they do not even have a body to mourn for. Sometimes, that is all a family wants.

Comment

Briannagodess Krav Maga, the Martial arts used by the Israeli army is really great for women. Its not as flashy as Taekwondo or Kung Fu,it is more on the practical side. They were so easy to learn and execute and even a 12 year old girl will be able to defend her self against a grown up man because it's attacks focuses on a man's weak point. Domestic violence and rape will become lower if women will be willing to defend their self.

I have heard about the organ trade in Mexico, they kidnap people and harvest their organs and those organs will be sold in the US.

Comment

I think I have heard Krav Maga in How I Met Your Mother which is a tv series. The woman used Krav Maga after her boyfriend broke up with her for the second time. I just laughed at it that time but now that you have mentioned it, it seems to be a really good self-defense Martial arts. I will try to look for it in our local area.

Comment

This is a really sad situation, that woman was really young, I can't even imagine what her mother is going through right now. But this is not something new here in Mexico, every year are few women who disappear, and they are kidnapped and raped, or used for human trafficking, this is a shocking thing to think about, this needs to be changed but politicians here are not useful at all. I hope that her mother receive the psychological attention that she needs to over come this situation.

Comment

anorexorcist
                              That is quite frightening I must say! Living in a place where women are abducted frequently must be scary for you? How do you protect yourself and even prevent this from happening to you? Sorry for the many questions, it is just not always thay I get first hand information like this. Take care of yourself there!
                              anorexorcist likes this.

Comment

Working...
                              X