Escaped Killers On The Loose

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Escaped Killers On The Loose

Two escaped convicts, one a known killer, are on the loose as a man hunt ensues. There were reports of them being spotted in different locations, but apprehension has not been made. Here is an article on one of the escapees who is the most feared. This is his second escape from prison.
    “You can never have enough security with him,” one police officer said of Richard Matt, one of the convicts who escaped from a maximum-security prison in upstate New York last weekend. “You can never trust him. You can never turn your back on him.” 
    Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
    Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

People who don't watch and read news can easily fall for his trap. People should know who he is. There would be Wanted posters that shows is face so he can be caught again. I don't want to judge a book by it's cover but he really looks like a very dangerous man. Prison's should have a better security because public safety is at stake if one of these criminals escaped and assimilated back to the society. They have a crime to pay so they should Benson prison.

Comment

The arresting officer that brought Richard Matt in the last time. he said, "he is the most evil person he has ever come in contact with in his over 30 years in law enforcement." he also believes that Richard Matt may be coming to his home to kill him, but says that he is ready for him.

Pretty intense stuff that is.No hard feelings at all.This is why robbers, rapists, and murderers should be executed

Comment

It really is scary stuff. Someone like this running around loose. He could be anywhere. I haven't seen any reports that they have been apprehended as of yet. Anyone else finding updates to this story?

Comment

CNN reported tonight that the two convicted killers are still on the run. More details of how this escape took place are now coming to light as it was announced today that a prison worker is currently in police custody, accused of aiding in their prison escape by providing them with the necessary tools to cut through their cell walls. Among the tools she provided were hacksaw blades, chisels, a punch, lighted eyeglasses and a screwdriver bit.

Comment

How on earth did she get those to them undetected. Goes to show that our security is too lax in many of the prisons, not to mention.... does she not know just how dangerous those men were. What was she thinking? Why would she even help them....

Comment

Originally posted by KimberlyD View Post
              How on earth did she get those to them undetected. Goes to show that our security is too lax in many of the prisons, not to mention.... does she not know just how dangerous those men were. What was she thinking? Why would she even help them....
              From the articles that I have read, it was reported that she was involved in a romantic relationship of some nature with David Sweat and that, in her own words, he made her "feel special" although the New York State Department of Corrections issued a statement saying that they ultimately found there to be insufficient evidence of an inappropriate relationship and not enough to take action against Mitchell. The investigation took place prior to the escape.

Comment

There was a brief update on the escapees on the news tonight as CNN reported that the search has gone cold and authorities have very little to point them toward the fugitives. No vehicles have been reported missing in the area, leaving authorities to believe that the inmates are still close by. Obviously, this is concerning for those living close by and no doubt residents are on edge.

For those unfamiliar with this case and looking for a good overview of the events that have unfolded since June 6, I would recommend reading this NBC News article which has a great chronological timeline of events.

What I am still a little unclear over is how no one heard the two escapees using the power tools to cut through the cell walls and a steam pipe.

Comment

When I was a boy, we lived in Mandaluyong, a sleepy town with sparse houses. There was this news about escaped convicts that were suspected to be hiding in our town. Would you believe that the townspeople were all bothered by that? As a boy, I was really scared at the thought that a convict would kill anyone on sight - although this is not really true because convicts are humans too. But that news really scared the wits out of us.

Comment

Well one of these convicts is violent and a killer so people should be scared witless. If backed into a corner they could choose a random person and then we have a hostage situation.

That is an interesting question dillinger10 how could they have used those power tools without being heard. I would understand if they were doing it by hand, but even the quietest power tools make noise. My other question is, how was she able to sneak those power tools into the prison. Even guards are monitored when entering and leaving an area. A power tool would be hard to sneak past security, don't they have a check system similar to the air ports?

Comment

This case really has so many different layers and questions, many of which still remain unanswered. ABC News, citing the District Attorney Andrew Wylie, reported today that the prison worker that was charged with helping the pair escape confessed to investigators that she had intimate relations with one of the fugitives in the tailor shop inside the prison.

The DA also said today that Mitchell told investigators she had discussed an alleged plot with the prisoners to have them kill her husband. What a twisted mess this entire story is. I really hope that these two are captured soon and brought to justice, we do not need people like this free to roam the streets.

Comment

Well if she was plotting with them to kill her husband, they could keep an eye on her husband to see if they make the attempt. What is funny is after confessing everything, she is still pleading not guilty to charges against her. How does that work??

Comment

New details in the search for the two escapees came to light today as DNA from the two convicted killers was found inside a burglarized cabin in upstate New York.

This CNN report mentions that authorities are concerned that the pair might be monitoring radio communications enabling them to stay one step ahead despite on foot.

It is pretty incredible to think that they have managed to stay at large for such a long time, especially as they are largely unfamiliar with the area. They have also been improvising from the minute they escaped and their getaway car wasn't there waiting for them, effectively ruining all of their getaway plans.

Comment

They should try figure out where those two are trying to get to. It seems to me that they would have had a destination in mind when they got out if they are as smart as they say they are. If they are in upstate New York, I wonder if they are trying to get to Canada.

Comment

Originally posted by KimberlyD View Post
                              It looks as though we finally have a few answers as to how Mitchell was able to smuggle the tools into the prison. According to CNN, Mitchell was able to smuggle hacksaw blades inside frozen hamburger meat and was able to bypass the prison's metal detector by currying favors with a security guard. The ease at which she was able to smuggle the tools inside the prison is highly alarming.

That same article also mentions that the two escapees left boots and provisions behind in the cabin they burglarized. This is rather odd. The article speculates that they left unexpectedly or that they stole boots or shoes in the cabin but that seems very convenient that they would have the same shoe size.

As an aside, I can't even begin to imagine the cost of a manhunt of this size. Given the number of officers involved and overtime they must be working, I would suspect we are already into the multiple millions. I will do some digging around to see if I can find any numbers relating to this.
                              Last edited by dillinger10; 06-23-2015, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X