Climate Change

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mairj23 View Post
    Climate change is this cause of all of these storms now a days. It depends on what area you're in as well. Hurricanes, Tsunamis, and Flooding is very regular. Also the storms seem to be stronger than years of the past. studies have shown that humans are the cause of these things because of the damage to Green House Effect.
    If, as you contend , mairj23, that all of the storms and climate change are the result of what humans have done; how do you explain the Ice ages, when people either didn't exist, or didn't contribute to the climate change ?
    This earth has gone through climate changes for probably millions of years before humans existed; so those changes can hardly be our fault. I have also read that the whole solar system was heating up.
    I am pretty sure we are not responsible for that either.

As for the storms being worse now, that may be true in some cases; but the world has always had terrible storms. I remember there being a lot more snow when i was growing up in Idaho than that same area has now.
    We could count on school being closed for a blizzard by late November, and now, they might have snow by then; but usually not any blizzards until later into the winter.
    Last edited by Tumbleweed; 04-07-2015, 04:24 PM.
    fcphdJim and mairj23 like this.

Comment

Yeah, you're right about that one. The Earth is a big ball of energy and storms are an effects of that. I think some of the problems being caused such as acid rain, smog, and flooding are results of humans. Most big cities are coastal and they keep growing bigger, so when a storm comes along, it's a major problem. Power plants produce so many chemicals in the air, we cant help but have terrible and unusual weather more frequently.

Comment

Climate change is real, and it's happening right now. The reason why we are experiencing extreme hot weathers is because of global warming which then caused climate change. Here in our country, the weather is really unpredictable. There will be times of extreme heat, then a rain will suddenly happen. It can cause different problems such as diseases and other effects.

Comment

Absolutely, this is happening. It is so funny but disheartening that we are in the summer season so I was expecting more of a SUNNY weather but instead we are getting a lot of rain. I mean, what is happening. It's really alarming that climate is changing fast and we need to act on it. It is alarming because we don't know what happens in the near future and its possible effect to humans.

Comment

With an amount of various gases that are released daily in the atmosphere, can now be sensed result. Currently more heat during the summer is colder during the winter.
            We can consider the planet as a machine if you do not stop and servicing can happen that we are feeling!

Comment

Climate change has been happening for a long time now, only in recent years or recent decades it has increased at an alarming speed. I just recently saw a documentary about a melting glacier in the Swiss mountains. It only took 20 years for the snow to almost completely disappear. At times it's hard to believe what all the scientists and researchers are telling us, because it's simply too shocking to be true. But the changes are obvious. And so is the ever increasing level of pollution on this planet...

Comment

From time to time, we can really feel the presence of climate change. As of now, the temperature already rose and the world is getting hotter and hotter. One day, this planet would become a polluted earth. Climate change is affected by many factors, natural and human doings

Comment

Clearly, we are in the era of climate change. The temperature is blatanly showing the ill effects of pollution. Advocates like Al Gore, former vice president of the USA, are trying to sound the alarm. Unfortunately, governments are moving and acting in their own little way only. No big move on their part yet.

Comment

I'm just curious - does anyone look back more than 100 years (or even 30?) when discussing climate change? How do you account for the Vikings farming and raising livestock in Greenland? How about all the evidence of Roman conquerors strutting around Britain in sandals and their cute legionnaire skirts in the middle of winter. How about the detailed maps of the Antarctic coastline (indicating either a distinct lack of ice or the use of ground-penetrating radar) that the Polynesians had? All these things indicate that the global temperature has been much higher in the past than it is now, but people still flourished and spread. Also, with the lack of industry and a much smaller population, it should be obvious that humans had nothing to do with those warm climates.

As for Al Gore, if he truly cared he would live in a modest-sized house instead of a mansion, he would stop flying all over the world in his private jet, and he would stop flapping his gums and spewing hot air. When he made millions by selling his TV network to a company funded by Arab oil that should have made people think about his real motives. Apparently not.
                    ASurvivor, Tumbleweed and kd3pc like this.

Comment

Climate change is real, the weather in my city used to be one of the best weathers in all the country, but now there is no much difference between my city and extreme weather cities in Mexico. My parents tell me that when they were young the city wasn't that hot in summer or that cold in winter, the weather is extreme now, and it's sad because we've caused this.

Comment

Climate change is really a cause for concern because it has been contributing to unstable weather conditions and more intense natural disasters. Of course, many natural disasters occurred in ancient times but the severity of these disasters has been intensifying and this has been linked to climate change. It has been said that climate change is mainly as a result of human practices such as burning of forests, release of industrial exhaust into the air, exhaust release from vehicles and release of harmful chemicals from various sources. Thus, the summers are hotter, the winters have been extremely harsh in some regions in recent times and disasters such as floods have been on the rise. We can do whatever we can in our little space to at least reduce the effects it has on us such as planting more trees and other plants and recycling.

Comment

Working...
                        X