No announcement yet.

Asteroid. What would you do?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think of all the disasters, we could possibly do nothing in this case but to wait and watch. I would prefer to be with my loved ones when it strikes. It is better to be in company than alone. That impact would be so deep that we cannot find a hide out from this devastating catastrophe. If you are the target then you are gone. No disaster management plans will work out here. But if we can be alarmed of the specific location it is going to hit that can save a lot of lives. I think this would be possible to exactly predict its target in future with the help of modern technology.

Comment

Different people have different think process. So I guess some people will act normal, some will try to hide and some will try to make riots.

Comment

There is nothing we can do if we are unable to destroy it before it hits earth. But if we can discover more about its orbit then missiles can be sent to destroy it. Those types of asteroids have been linked to the disappearance of dinosaurs. I think that those countries who claim be superpowers should prove their strength on those asteroids and save the earth.

Comment

While I'm not sure that you could ever 've totally prepared for something like this, I'm guessing that we'd have quite a long warning so one of the things we could do is find our what part of the world it was going to hit, and try and make sure we're as far away as we can be from that?

Other than that I just think I'd try to carry on with my normal life and hope for the best. They certainly wouldn't be making a film about my life in the run up to an asteroid hitting, put it that way!

Comment

There is nothing that we can do! I know that many people will try hiding in underground bunkers to avoid the impact but that may not save them from dying. Some will try to escape in private jets but they will die shortly after the impact. If astronauts will track it's orbit then countries will be forced to send out their atomic bombs to outer space to destroy the asteroid before it reaches earth. But it will force us to have more than one thousand atomic bombs since the one that exploded over Russia was small and had force equivalent to more than 30 atomic bombs.

Comment

Other than underground bunkers, which may not help that much. The only other alternative is solar and wind powered flying crafts such as large airplanes, that can stay in the air for weeks or months, therefore giving enough time for things to die down and for us to find somewhere to land, where the asteroid hasn't made that much of an impact. If you live in the International Space Station at the time, then you'll be quite lucky. Imagine what such an event will look like form there! Sending missiles or bombs at the asteroid before it hits is obviously the best idea, but we will need the technology that can detect the asteroids way before they hit the earth so that we have enough time.

Comment

Working...
              X