The Big Burn

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Big Burn

The following is a documentary in the American Experience series about the "Big Burn". That is the 1910 wildfire that destroyed around three million acres in Washington state, Idaho, and Montana. I thought I'd pass it along.

"Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Wow thanks for the link. I will download it and watch it on the big screen. I had no idea that this had happened in American history. I love documentaries.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshPosh View Post
      Wow thanks for the link. I will download it and watch it on the big screen. I had no idea that this had happened in American history. I love documentaries.

Glad it was enjoyable. I too enjoy documentaries immensely. The Big Burn was actually the largest, though not the deadliest, in America's recorded history.
      "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

This is a good video as remembrance from the past. Largest fire ever in history really makes a difference. Would watch it , thanks for the share. Documentaries should be watched to know what happened in the past and i hope no bigger fire would be created these generations.

Comment

There was also a big burn here about 2 years ago that happened in the province of Quezon. A bushfire, they said, was started by a local tourist, a hiker from the city. That bush fire spread and even burned some farm. It was a big lesson for the authorities to allow irresponsible hikers to climb the mountains.

Comment

That was an enjoyable and informative piece. Thank you for sharing that. I've always said learning your past = knowing your future, and that documentary teaches a lot.

Comment

Working...
            X