Surviving The Tsunami (PBS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surviving The Tsunami (PBS)

Hello all. The following documentary covers the massive tsunami (Tōhoku) and earthquake that hit Japan in 2011. There were almost 16,000 folks killed, over 6,000 injured, and move a couple thousand lost. Millions were were left without electricity and water. The tsunami also caused the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster with was a level 7 on INES scale. I thought I would pass it along in case others find it interesting.

"Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

It is devastating when incidents like this happen. People, innocent people, hardworking good people lose lives, family members and hard earned possessions. They then have to struggle and strive to put it all together again. Thanks for the link. Its heart breaking

Comment

its already been more than a decade but it still reminds me of that ghastly disaster that ripped through the city.A very good documentary and quite informative.Overall Panicking is our worst enemy.Think and you can find a way out for any disaster.
      RIP to all those souls who died during the Tsunami.

Comment

I live at the coast and I hope I never have to experience a tsunami. Even though we do not have any experience of these disasters, it would be naive to believe that nothing can come our way.That would really be a disaster as my country is not even remotely prepared for anything like this.

Comment

I remember that happening. They were well prepared for it as well. But natures fury cannot be calculated to an exact science. Lots of lives lost. I will check out the video and try to get a better understanding of how the prepared for it. I think there was one city in particular that held tsunami drills, that still wasn't enough to hold back the waters.

Comment

Originally posted by JoshPosh View Post
            I remember that happening. They were well prepared for it as well. But natures fury cannot be calculated to an exact science. Lots of lives lost. I will check out the video and try to get a better understanding of how the prepared for it. I think there was one city in particular that held tsunami drills, that still wasn't enough to hold back the waters.
            I reckon the Tsunami stuck without any notice here or any sort of warnings.We never really had any information apart from the coastal guards and patrol cops told us to stay away from the shore.
            Sadly there were no tsunami drills here and people never really cared to move to higher ground.Pity them..Was moved to tears when i heard the death toll the first time and then wiping off tears went off with my volunteering team.
            Worst day of my life..Dec 26 2004..!!!

Comment

One thing about Tsunami is we canít stop just to face. As government should analyze the satiation and to take all the people to safe place like hill area or higher locations. People should need to make all the possibilities of be safe. Need to stay on hill top or higher locations. Donít stay in any roof or building places where building s will fall any time.

https://www.rapidresponse.org.in

Comment

Working...
              X