The Vending Machine Miracle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Vending Machine Miracle

A Louisiana FedEx driver named Kyra Johnson tells her story of being miraculously saved by a vending machine during a tornado on February 23. The hardware store around her was completely destroyed but she surprisingly made it out alive because she was cowering behind a Coca-Cola vending machine. There was one point when the soda machine was overthrown which left her exposed to the raging twister but instead of panicking, she claimed to have felt a certain feeling of peace. The tornado had winds reaching 140 mph.

Her prayers and her faith could also be considered as the strongest factors in her miraculous survival from the tornado. Here's a link to more on the story:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/03/01...m-tornado.html
    xTinx likes this.

Nothing but a story like this one to get you through a challenging day. I think she did the right thing, disaster preparedness-wise. She instinctively hid behind a larger object and it served as her shield when the tornado passed by. The vending machine must have been deeply rooted on the ground and it took some time to come off. Luck, faith and quick thinking joined forces to give that woman a second lease in life.
    gracer likes this.

Comment

That was smart of her to do. I am not sure if I would have thought to hide behind a vending machine for fear that it would topple down on top of me. I do not live in a tornado prone area, but was taught to hide in the bathroom in the bathtub if you do not have a shelter under your home. I lived in the south for about a year when I was younger and I remember driving through a tornado because I did not know what else to do. I was home alone and on the phone with a long distance friend when the tornado started. I did not feel comfortable staying home and so I got in my car to drive 3 miles to my friends moms house. It was a stupid thing for me to have done in hindsight. It felt like I was driving through the scene of a horror movie. There were garbage cans and debris flying through the air all around me.
      gracer likes this.

Comment

Wow, what an inspiring and miracles story! I think stories like this make us think twice about our life and what directions we're taking in it. She definitely has had a one-of-a-kind story to tell people from now on. I admire her as well for being alert and not panicking in time of a disaster, that is certainly what we want to preach in here. But more than that, I admire her belief in a Supreme Being that was able to save her from what could have been a tragedy. I hope she continues to spread the word about her miraculous experience and help other people believe that there is someone out there ready to help us.
        gracer likes this.

Comment

Sometimes it can take a life and death situation for us to realize the presence of a Supreme Being. I remember when Typhoon Haiyan was still being reported to hit our country and it has been repeatedly stated that it is a super typhoon, people including me were praying either on their own or with a group of people for our country to be spared from the impending disaster that was about to hit us. The sight of the people praying from all over the country actually gave me goosebumps and made my eyes tear because of the overwhelming faith that people had. There were thousands of death after the storm but the faith of the people who survived still did not falter.

Comment

Stories like these make you wonder if there is really such thing as luck, or whether these things happen because they happen. I used to disregard religion and belief completely, but when I started praying every night, most of the things I asked for happened to come true. Not in a religious way, but I just figured that it was better to potentially get free life insurance than to not bother at all. Good for her and at least she has a great story to tell everyone. Not panicking is a good way forward, sometimes people forget this during disasters, others just can't help it. But at least she did the right thing and as a result, her life was saved.
            gracer likes this.

Comment

Working...
            X