Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tornadoes Rip through OK City Suburbs ..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Tornados] Tornadoes Rip through OK City Suburbs ..

A tornado went through the suburbs of Oklahoma City today, resulting in schools holding children in safe rooms until the storm passed. The twister also damaged homes in Blanchard and Bridge Creek, which are southwest of Oklahoma City. No injuries have been reported thus far. Additional storms are predicted this week. Details may be read about here.
    "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

I just read this article which includes a report by the Sheriff of Tuttle, OK warning residents in the area to stay indoors as tigers and other wild animals are on the loose after the Tiger Safari was struck directly.

Edit: It looks as though the article has now been updated with good news as all of the animals have now been accounted for!
    Last edited by dillinger10; 05-07-2015, 12:21 AM.

Comment

It looks as though The Weather Channel is providing live updates. There are reports of as many as 30 tornadoes across the Southern Plains.

I was able to find this video on Youtube which shows one of the tornadoes in Lincoln County, Kansas.

Video Copyright: Robin Lorenson.
      ASurvivor likes this.

Comment

Geeze... I just posted about a warning going on. I was not aware that everything already hit. The report I got was for NewCastle and Bridge Creek counties. Is Blanchard near or in the New Castle area?
        Where there is an beginning, there is an end.
        Where there is an end, there is a new beginning.

Comment

That looks very scary indeed, i heard that approximately 1000 tornadoes occur every year in the USA and they cause a lot of damage which makes the country spend billions of dollars. I wish there was a way scientists could do to stop the tornadoes. Either way am glad that no on was hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by dannixx55 View Post
            That looks very scary indeed, i heard that approximately 1000 tornadoes occur every year in the USA and they cause a lot of damage which makes the country spend billions of dollars. I wish there was a way scientists could do to stop the tornadoes. Either way am glad that no on was hurt.
            The latest reports state at least 12 people have been injured due to the tornadoes but there have been no deaths. There are also reports that 10 homes were destroyed in Amber and 25 more in Bridge Creek. 7.10 inches of rain was recorded in Norman, OK, making it the wettest May day on record. Furthermore, a flash flood emergency has been issued for the first time in the OKC area as there is the potential for unprecendented levels of rain.

Comment

Why does it get hit with a violent tornado about every 3 years,more than that,why do they choose to live there despite knowing it is going to happen every other year.Severe weathers been wimpy this spring,quite a lot actually.

Comment

A state of emergency was declared in 12 counties across Oklahoma today as the state continues to recover from severe storms and a reported 51 tornadoes. The Oklahoma City area received the worst of the damage. At least a dozen people were injured in a trailer park and a 43-year-old woman drowned to death after taking cover in an underground storm shelter that was deluged by floodwater.

More can be read here.

Comment

Another storm system is now moving through the area, and Oklahoma is now bracing and preparing for this next line of storms, and more tornadoes are possible this weekend.
                  Most people have not even begun to recover from the last storms that went through Oklahoma, and now they have to just leave everything until this new storm hs come through. Hopefully, they will not have more tornadoes with this storm.

http://www.usnews.com/news/us/articl...rnadoes-floods

Comment

Tumbleweed I saw on the news last night that parts of Oklahoma (as well as Texas) were hit hard by destructive hail that was the size of tennis balls. The Weather Channel's Twitter page posted a photo showing the size.

Photo Copyright: The Weather Channel.

Comment

I also wonder why people keep returning to the same sites where tornadoes or any other type of bad weather/disaster seems to reoccur time after time. What is it that keeps them going back? Surely it would not be a bad idea to move some distance away where there has never been a report of a tornadoes. I cannot believe the size of this hail, it is enormous and could kill you!

Comment

Today, south Dakota experienced a heavy snowstorm in the western part of the state, as well as a tornado in the eastern part of the state. Nine people have been reported injured , and there is much property damage; but thankfully, everyone survived.
                        The tornado was rated as an F-2, and the small town of only around 200 people was right in the path of the tornado.
                        It looks like the tornado season is starting off with a bang this year. So far, they have all gone either north or south of the part of Alabama where I live; but we have more storms coming through by next weekend. Hopefully, they will just be the regular spring thunderstorms and nothing more.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/top...ado/ar-BBjybE0

Comment

Originally posted by Tumbleweed View Post
                          Today, south Dakota experienced a heavy snowstorm in the western part of the state, as well as a tornado in the eastern part of the state. Nine people have been reported injured , and there is much property damage; but thankfully, everyone survived.
                          The tornado was rated as an F-2, and the small town of only around 200 people was right in the path of the tornado.
                          It looks like the tornado season is starting off with a bang this year. So far, they have all gone either north or south of the part of Alabama where I live; but we have more storms coming through by next weekend. Hopefully, they will just be the regular spring thunderstorms and nothing more.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/top...ado/ar-BBjybE0
                          Here's hoping the potential for any tornadoes next week miss you in Alabama Tumbleweed

The LA Times reports that along with the tornado in South Dakota, Iowa and Texas also experienced tornadoes today. Fortunately it appears that there were no injuries although resident in Krum, Texas were forced to seek refuge on their roofs as water levels rose.

Comment

Tornadoes in Texas and Arkansas have killed at least five people, including a young couple in Nashville, Arkansas who died trying to shield their daughter from the storm. Incredibly, the 18-month old girl survived.

In neighboring Texas, a EF3 tornado packing winds of 140-mph pummeled the small city of Van, damaging or destroying as many as 100 homes and leaving 43 people requiring hospitalization. Four people remain in critical condition.

Video Copyright: Wochit News

More can be read here and here.

Comment

Working...
                            X