No announcement yet.

Heat Wave

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just one more month to go and summer will be here where I'm from in the tropics. The sun's blazing hot but thankfully, one more typhoon is heading our way to cool us down a bit before summer warms and dehydrates us all. I hope temperatures won't reach 40 degrees or I'll fly off to the temperate zones just to escape withering.

Comment

Here in the UK, the weather is starting to become slightly milder. The bitterness has gone and the sun seems to be putting in an appearance here and there. We've got a few months until summer is finally upon us yet but spring is well underway, with the first crocuses and snowdrops out in force.

Anything over 20 degrees is considered to be a heatwave here!

Comment

Here in Florida the weather this time of year, is up and down. Cold for a few days and warm for a few. The U.S. has a temperate climate which causes the four seasons. The jet stream controls our weather and since Global Warming is taking place, the wide ranges in temperatures will occur.

Comment

Its now summer here in the Philippines and i can see that the heat wave rises all the time. And comparing to the previous summers, this summer is hotter, i even perspire inside the house doing nothing because of the heat. Its dangerous to go outside, I might get heat stroke

Comment

In the news an hour ago, a woman died of dehydration due to the heat wave gripping the provinces in the south of the country. It seems that people cannot handle the extreme heat even if this is a tropical country. That obviously means that the summer heat is phenomenal unlike the ordinary summers of yore. This may be connected to the climate change of maybe it is the greenhouse effect.

Comment

Heat is one major problem in our area. Most of my fellow community members are not going out for work in the fields due to the extreme heat. I have a cousin who fainted due to the hot temperature. Electric fan nowadays are not enough to fight the extreme heat in the area. Even taking a bath with cool water is not enough, the heat wave is no rising and its hard to go out..

Comment

In some parts of India there is threat of extreme heat. But scientists have no clue about what is happening in these places. These places are very near to forest areas and their neighboring states do not experience any such extremes. A lot of research and development is still being carried out to find out the exact reason behind this strange phenomenon.

In these areas people mainly depend on water supply lines provided by Government. I had been to such places a number of times and it is unbearable for me to stay at such places.

Comment

That's a huge hitting man. Every year hit limit is increasing. Don't know how much hit map is gonna count this year hearing limit.

Comment

Well I agree with mairj. Florida is also hot. It is unbearable for us during this season.

Comment

Working...
                    X