Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think this is the solution to drought?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think this is the solution to drought?

I remember seeing this YouTube video 2 years ago and until now I am still fascinated with this technology. I believe it is invented in Peru by some engineering students. This could be the solution to Californiaís drought problems. Imagine if you will build these things in African nations with water shortage. Imagine if these Billboards will be built near agricultural fields. It will really help many farmers. It is such a beautiful technology but I am a bit sad it is not being developed for the world that needs it. If I am very rich I want t build these around impoverish villages in Africa.

While it is a good start, 10,000 liters in 3 months, is negligible when compared to consumption by a modern, 1st world home. USA family of 4 uses, average 400-500 gallons per DAY. 10,000 liters is 2650 gallons. This would not handle more than a couple of CA homes, if that.

Impoverished nations may see a ROI with this device, for drinking water only, but the idea that a farmer could use it to improve crop yields is not in the realm of this device.

Comment

This will not produce near enough water to grow anything. Desalinization may be s much better option , though that is expensive. Certainly a good effort in the part of those who came up with this, but more work is still needed before it is ready to make a big impact.

Comment

Desalination might not be expensive if they will use solar power plants. I heard it is the amount of electricity needed that makes desalination and expensive technology. Though it is an expensive process, Desalination works really well for middle eastern countries. The technology I suggested can at least somehow old the water problem of one village. Yes it is ultimate solution but it looks cheaper than desalination.

Comment

I have done my fair share of research on this subject over the years, just like many others here. I think, the solution does not lie in a one size fits all category. The bottom line is that something needs to be done and that something is a combination of ideas. I personally have been a proponent for desalination. I understand the issue of expensive along with environmental concerns. I think both of these factors can be worked out. But, like I said this is not the only solution. So, I say yes to the billboard water fountain, too. There are also areas in the world that transport water in by the truckload. One man has even suggested to transport giant icebergs into CA. I know this idea sounds far fetched, but I do not think, we should overlook any solution.

Comment

I wonder if this technology can be used for a mass produce type of scale. Instead of a billboard, imagine a dam where all of the water were converted air. I hope this technology will improve over time whennit comes to quantity producion. The idea sounds expensive at this moment but I hope that over time this technology will improve for the better. For now I hope this would be built in small villages where there is a desperate need for water.

Comment

That's really interesting. A lot of organizations are attempting to actually fix these issues, but the problem is the funding and not so many people are willing to help out or donate. This is the sick thing.

Comment

Solving Drought is every need to think about it and do the best one. In my opinion itís not too far to become worst. Some of my thought are
                1. Give take what you what not more than that.
                2. Donít waste anything at all.
                3. Mainly donít waste food and drinking water.
                4. Donít consume more electricity, use what you need.
                5. Try a root irrigator
                I believe in this quote ďWhat we do now, That our future usesĒ

https://www.rapidresponse.org.in/

Comment

Working...
                X