Earthquake Drills - What Can You Say?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Earthquake Drills - What Can You Say?

Please comment about your opinions regarding Earthquake drills. How helpful can it be and why do people not taking it seriously? I have seen and attended some earthquake drills but most of the times I didn't pay attention to what were taught to us. Maybe because I was younger then. But if given the chance, I would want to attend another earthquake drill together with my family and loved ones. This simulation can be a good way of making people aware of what they need to do in cases of earthquakes.

Fracking ..right ? it sure does cause environmental damage including earthquakes.People nowadays want cheap gas to fill their cars.They never give a damn about who does what.Frack the ground to pieces and extract the stuff that which is probably keeping the ground stable.
    It does help ..it makes money and that's somehow it doesn't bring out a problem.
    I am not telling its the reason for earthquakes,but yes its a significant factor.

Comment

I know many people think it is a nuisance to businesses and it interrupts the daily activities of people but its better to be prepared than be sorry. I don't think they can teach this to the whole population though. Only few people will benefit from it. People who attended it should use what they learned from the earthquake drills and teach it to their families. I think infomercials on TV teaching people what to do during earthquake attacks is much more practical for the government because it can reach millions of households.

Comment

Here where I live, earthquakes are rather common. In fact, we had several light tremors over the last few months. So, it's essential that people constantly get reminded of what to do during such periods. The company that I work for conducts earthquake drills every three months, and people do pay attention. The only problem is that, even despite of being prepared for such events, the general architecture here is a big obstacle. Many apartment blocks have no emergency escape, and everyone has got iron bars in front of their windows to protect themselves from being robbed. Nobody might get into your house, but there is also a real risk that you won't be able to get out of it during an emergency.

Comment

I live in a city that is not prone to earthquakes at all. I have actually never even been through an earthquake drill however I think every location on this earth should have the most basic skills and basic emergency planning glued into their brain. My professors who taught earth science would attempt to teach my class the most basic skills but people already didn't take this seriously because they know we barely have any earthquakes.
          I just wish the government and educational organizations would step up and make mandatory drills that everyone needs to follow so there would be no extra say so or opinion concerning this topic.

Comment

I think they should start doing those drills in schools and offices because people in building type of establishments are the most vulnerable from the attacks. Children and teens should be top priority .Earthquake
            . I purchased really durable furniture so I will have a safe hiding place in Earthquakes at my home. Though it caused a lot of nuisance, I hope it will really do help people to be prepared from Earthquakes.

There will be an Earthquake drill my on my town in few hours, I wonder how many are people are going to attended.
            Last edited by Billy; 07-23-2015, 05:49 PM.

Comment

We had them a few times when I was really little. All I remember was being told to get under he table and hold onto the table leg. Given that I live in the Northwest, I don't think that's going to be possible when the big one happens, and even if it is, I doubt it will make much difference when all the buildings are leveled.

Comment

I have never really participated in an earthquake drill but I have often been given lectures about what should be done in the event of an earthquake. However, based on the fact that I've at least participated in fire drills, I think the drill would be quite useful to actually get an opportunity to put the theory into practice. Although drills can be quite useful, some individuals do not take the drills seriously and in the event of a disaster such as an earthquake, they can endanger their own lives and even the lives of others. On the other hand, some may take the drill seriously and have intentions of following the procedures but if an earthquake really occurs, panic takes over and they may do the absolute opposite of what they should do. However, I still think earthquake drills can be effective.

Comment

Working...
                X