Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Global Warming Result in an Increase in Natural Disasters?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Global Warming Result in an Increase in Natural Disasters?

Although there are still a few who vehemently deny its existence, global warming is a well established and recognized problem. Right now, scientists are recording unprecedented rates of the melting of the polar ice caps, which in turn has resulted in more turbulent seas and a change in weather patterns felt throughout the world. Now with all these drastic changes that are happening right now, do you guys think that we'll see an increase in natural disasters over the next few years?
    firelily99 likes this.

Yes, as the temperature rises, there is also climate change. This means that there is an increased chance of natural disasters occuring in countries. Since the temperature rises, the polar ice caps in Antarctica melt, causing the sea's level to also rise. This results in the flooding of cities, as the sea level rises to a point where it can take over entire cities.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam Tarly View Post
      Now with all these drastic changes that are happening right now, do you guys think that we'll see an increase in natural disasters over the next few years?
      Actually, I've read somewhere that we are already experiencing extreme weather conditions and temperature changes due to global warming. Droughts are longer, typhoons stronger, intense heat... It's scary to even think of what will happen after a decade or so. And what's sad is that people/govt. continue to do "business as usual". Still contributing carbon emissions from factories, cars, etc..

Comment

The fluctuation of temperatures can cause not only disruption in weather patterns and more turbulent seas, but also there is fear of viruses being released from said polar ice caps melting or just bacteria in general festering in high heat conditions, I would go as far as to say that global warming would be the cause for the recently resurfaced illnesses that have been treated for hundreds of years, like ebola, malaria and so on.

Comment

Global warming is nothing to do with earth quakes as far as i know, Earth quakes is happening due to plates under the ground changes its position but certainly it is possible global warming is contributing to such things as avalanches, hurricanes, wildfires, floods, etc.
          it is all in as a vicious cycle,so tought to find the actual reason for natural disasters,but GW is a factor,no doubt.

Comment

Regional or Global warming, to the point of a swing to a warmer climate, will increase the frequency and severity of some types of disasters. But it will lessen some other types.

So will regional and or global cooling, which will be the ultimate outcome of this short lived warming trend. And a new mini- or moderate- or major- ice age will be many times worse than what continued global warming would be.

Just my opinion.

Jerry D Young

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best and always remember TANSTAAFL
            (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch - Robert A Heinlein)

Comment

I believe it will. Droughts will be more common in certain areas where water is now scarce. In other regions of the world, severe floods will be more frequent. Not to mention the problems connected to the rise of the sea level. Global warming might have disastrous consequences.

Comment

I believe there will be an increase in natural disasters in future because of global warming. There are more severe storms, heavier rains and flooding, longer droughts, longer snowy winter. All these natural disaster can cause damage to our farming produce. There may be more severe famine as a result of this.

Comment

Working...
                X