Polar meltdown

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polar meltdown

A lot was said years ago about the polar meltdown, but this discussion is something that doesn't seem to be fashionable anymore, so the media are not covering so exhaustively. Either cases, the ice is still melting, the sea level is rising and the axis of the earth is definitely shifting, so I think this can cause a major disaster soon enough or do you believe it's just a gradual process that we don't even notice?

I honestly think we are too arrogant to realize that mother nature is in control and we may never understand. We think we know everything, but if we did, disasters would be no problem. The Earth is on a cyclical time table, where it melts and freezes repeatedly. I visited the glaciers and this process is evident in the layers of ice. You can see the different color lines in the ice.

We think we know about ice ages and their counter parts, but we couldn't possibly. I do believe that we affect the Earth's cycle with pollution and more. My Environmental Science professor told us that 9/11 was the only cloud free day recorded in the US since flight began. I should go look this up now, but supposedly when the flights were grounded, there was no more pollution and jet trails being emitted, which cleared the skies.

Comment

That is the problem with media. They focus on what's "HOT" and forget about the real important stuff that needs our attention the most! Their priorities are all messed up! Anyway, coming back to the topic, I don't think there is much to worry about that! Nature will take care of it, like always!

Comment

That's how I feel as well, some topics are like you say "hot" at a certain moment, but after that they seem to lose interest and it's like they don't exist anymore. Sadly, they do exist and they are hanging over our head and if there is no awareness it will just keep increasing.

Comment

I don't worry to much about the polar melt down issue because I strongly believe that this is an occurrence that happens throughout Earths life cycle. The water levels will rise, but very slowly... then recede again. It may be a method to help replenish the fresh water supplies and re-fertilize the soil for future plant/crops growth.

Comment

Sure, you're right there kevin, it's something that happen throughout the earths life cycle, but you also know what happen in that cycle right? The axis of the Earth shifts and life become extinct like it documented, so... LOL, I think we should worry!!

Comment

All I can say is that the polar regions of planet Earth has always been fluctuating in size - it's a natural cycle. I doubt any claim that humans are the direct and main cause of all the recent polar caps melting, because other planetary bodies throughout this solar system has been warming in their average global temperatures too! More than likely, all this ice melting will be to help cool the surface of earth, not really a indication of a "permanent" magnetic pole-shift - this does change all the times randomly, but when and how fast it happens is presently unknown, which is a good thing overall.

Lastly, worrying about a thing you can't even possibly control, is pointless.

Comment

It is a gradual process resulted from global warming. I believe the balance of climate has been damaged. The sea levels have been rising over the last ten years. I am worried that the Netherlands will get destroyed by flooding. It is such a beautiful place.
              Last edited by Aurora; 11-11-2014, 03:01 PM.

Comment

I totally agree with what you are writing Aurora, that seems totally obvious to me and to everyone, except for half the people in the USA for example that still claim that the global warming is something that doesn't exist. How can that be really... Until we put economics in front of the environment our situation will just continue to be worse.

Comment

Polar meltdown is caused by global warming. Rise in temperature melted the polar ice caps, causing the sea level to rise. Here in our country, there is already a forecast saying that Metro Manila will eventually be covered by water.

Comment

Working...
                  X