Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need advise

Hello everyone,
    We want to establish a small family baking business. It will not be huge, but we want to make it according to all safety rules. How should we protect our employees in case of disaster situations? I mean is there a list of things to buy? Surely, we will install several extinguishers, fire alarm systems, generator. What else? We want to find good emergency lighting and signs. Can you recommend something?

I googled the web and look what I found https://www.mrosupply.com/lighting/e...lham-lighting/ I think that these signs are quality.

What to do with the generator? I liked Honda generator in Home Depot, but I hesitate about its quality…

Comment

What can you do to prepare your employees for disasters:

1. Train your employees. Enroll them in disaster preparedness classes or conduct one yourself. Have a set warning procedure, key persons assigned and fire exits as well.

2. Obtain your disaster preparedness equipments. Have a set person to get them in case a disaster occurs:

First Aid Kits
      Fire Extinguishers
      Smoke Alarms
      Supplies
      Automatic External Defibrillators

3. Conduct drills and practice as often as you can.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by joannam View Post
        Hello everyone,
        We want to establish a small family baking business. It will not be huge, but we want to make it according to all safety rules. How should we protect our employees in case of disaster situations? I mean is there a list of things to buy? Surely, we will install several extinguishers, fire alarm systems, generator. What else? We want to find good emergency lighting and signs. Can you recommend something?
        I think one of the first things you'll probably want to look into is proper training for any employees that you'll be hiring. It's one thing to "tell" employees things like this, but it truly is valuable to have some formal training. Once employees are trained in how to handle any kind of emergency situation that arises, you'll be worrying a lot less about how it would be handled if something actually does happen in an industrial (or natural) accident or disaster.

Many companies in my area whether large or small do the disaster training once a year. It's worth the cost of bringing someone in to do seminars or just lectures.

Actually now that I'm thinking about it, you'll want to check with the proper authorities in your town about this, because if I'm not mistaken, this kind of disaster training is sometimes mandatory, especially if a business exceeds a certain number of employees.

Comment

I think it's also imperative to jot down and compile your safety rules and guidelines in a single booklet for the thorough perusal of your present and future employees. The safety guide will help them remember what they need to do in case of an emergency and act accordingly.

Comment

Working...
          X