Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meat Packaged 40 Years Ago Confiscated in China

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Billy View Post
    When the animals were slaughtered to create all these meats, My parents were like on their early teens. Imagine they were selling these for human consumption? Just imagine if a family ends up buying a 40 year old meat. This is a mass poisoning in the making. It is a good thing that this monstrosity is prevented from sending people to hospitals. Why does China always have a food controversy?
    Unfortunately, China has lax food regulations which makes it much easier to get away with producing and selling tainted and harmful food products. Although China does have government agencies that regulate food safety, they lack uniform standards for enforcing rules. This often results in conflicting rulings. To make matters worse, China lists just 62 chemical pollutants as being harmful - for comparison, the U.S. has 4,000 and Japan lists 10,000. This means harmful pollutants can be used legally putting peoples lives in danger.

    This has resulted in a number of dangerous incidents in recent years such as the tainted milk scandal, rat meat sold as lamb and factories using pond water to make vermicelli.
    Billy likes this.

    Comment


    • #17
      Another recent China controversy is when rice made of recycled plastic has been imported into different countries. I don't even think that is edible. I just want to be safe but as long as their food regulatory board is not as strict as they should be, I will avoid their products. I don't want to consume something that may harm my body. Many people buy their food products just because they were cheaper then average.
      dillinger10 likes this.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Billy View Post
        Another recent China controversy is when rice made of recycled plastic has been imported into different countries. I don't even think that is edible. I just want to be safe but as long as their food regulatory board is not as strict as they should be, I will avoid their products. I don't want to consume something that may harm my body. Many people buy their food products just because they were cheaper then average.
        Thanks for passing along the story about China manufacturing rice out of recycled plastic. This was the first time I had heard about this. I went digging around and found this article which documents the nefarious activities. According to the report, these companies are manufacturing this fake rice using potatoes, sweet potatoes, and plastic industrial resin. It is sickening to read that three bowls of this fake rice is the equivalent of eating an entire plastic bag. This is shocking.

        Comment


        • #19
          Most Asian families introduce rice to their toddlers to solid foods with soup and rice porridge. Imagine a soup made of 40 year old meat and rice porridge made of plastic rice. No one wants to feed that to an adult person. Let alone a baby. I believe the Chinese government should do something about this. They had been feeding their people and people from other countries with poison. They should be focusing with the safety of their people . If they don't want their products to be banned in many countries, they need to fix this issue.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Billy View Post
            Most Asian families introduce rice to their toddlers to solid foods with soup and rice porridge. Imagine a soup made of 40 year old meat and rice porridge made of plastic rice. No one wants to feed that to an adult person. Let alone a baby. I believe the Chinese government should do something about this. They had been feeding their people and people from other countries with poison. They should be focusing with the safety of their people . If they don't want their products to be banned in many countries, they need to fix this issue.
            Now, I am actually afraid of eating at Chinese restaurants especially with my son! What scary news this is! But you know what, the Chinese have been known to be dirty or unsanitary in their cooking ways. Not all of them of course, but how do you differentiate which is okay and which is not? I would rather not jeopardize my kid's health.

            Comment


            • Billy
              Billy commented
              Editing a comment
              Chinese restaurants in your country are using local products and Philippines have a better food inspection then China. I can say that the Chinese restaurants in the Philippines can be trusted. The dangerous foods from China are the mass produce products like Powdered milk or canned goods. You don't really have to worry about Chinese restaurants in the Philippines because they were passed by the sanitary inspections.

            • Briannagodess
              Briannagodess commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes some restaurants are okay when it comes to sanitation. But I have actually been in one Chinese restaurant that really grossed me out. I saw this huge rat, as big as a cat, enter their kitchen. We did not eat at that restaurant that day and will never eat there again.

          • #21
            Originally posted by Briannagodess View Post

            Now, I am actually afraid of eating at Chinese restaurants especially with my son! What scary news this is! But you know what, the Chinese have been known to be dirty or unsanitary in their cooking ways. Not all of them of course, but how do you differentiate which is okay and which is not? I would rather not jeopardize my kid's health.
            Unfortunately, it would seem that it would be hard to differentiate those that are serving genuine meat and those that are using fake meat. This BBC report really highlights the ongoing problems with food safety issues in China and the rise in restaurants serving rat meat passed off as lamb. The following quote from a resident emphasizes how big of a growing problem this is:

            When you eat at cheap restaurants - or roadside stalls for that matter - you are always left with that queasy feeling you may have consumed something you did not order.
            .

            This New York Times article also suggests that traders were selling fox, mink and rat - doused in gelatin, red pigment and nitrates - to unsuspecting restaurant owners.

            Some of the other incidents in recent years include:

            The cases described included a company in Inner Mongolia, a northeast region of China, caught with 23 tons of fake beef jerky and unprocessed frozen meat adulterated with flavoring chemicals and swarming with bacteria. Six suspects in Guizhou Province, in southwest China, were caught with 8.8 tons of “toxic chicken feet” marinated in a hydrogen peroxide solution and adulterated with illegal additives. Chicken feet, steamed or boiled with spices, are a popular dish in parts of China.

            Comment


            • #22
              Originally posted by dillinger10 View Post

              Unfortunately, it would seem that it would be hard to differentiate those that are serving genuine meat and those that are using fake meat. This BBC report really highlights the ongoing problems with food safety issues in China and the rise in restaurants serving rat meat passed off as lamb. The following quote from a resident emphasizes how big of a growing problem this is:

              .

              This New York Times article also suggests that traders were selling fox, mink and rat - doused in gelatin, red pigment and nitrates - to unsuspecting restaurant owners.

              Some of the other incidents in recent years include:
              Ahh, this is really scary! They just mask the food with seasonings to cover up that it is fake or expired. I once even said that Chinese food tastes better than Japanese food. Now, I know why.

              And oh no, I love chicken feet lol. Though I only purchase them from stalls inside the mall. But only Chinese restaurants offer them.

              Comment


              • #23
                Originally posted by Billy View Post
                Another recent China controversy is when rice made of recycled plastic has been imported into different countries. I don't even think that is edible. I just want to be safe but as long as their food regulatory board is not as strict as they should be, I will avoid their products. I don't want to consume something that may harm my body. Many people buy their food products just because they were cheaper then average.
                The scariest part is that there are a lot of people who don't have a choice. They buy the cheapest foods, because that is all that they can afford to buy. Even knowing that the quality isn't the best, they have to eat. I can't imagine learning that you have fed this garbage to your children. These people are literally being poisoned!

                How can anyone put profit over other human beings? It's just evil.

                Comment


                • #24
                  Until frozen meat shows signs of thawing, customers cannot distinguish whether it is fresh meat or rotten meat from four decades ago,so these Smugglers simply placed the meat in cold storages to refreeze them before they were sent out again.
                  Does anybody know the consequences of eating meat that dates back to 40 years old ??
                  Anybody will just throw up even on seeing it..yuck.Thank god i am a vegan and don't have to be wary of eating these foods.

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X