72 people killed at a factory fire in Philippines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by geosysmic View Post
    The sad to year that people tha goes there to work and sustain thei family got killed. I know about similiar experiences of factory fire. It's should be tremendous to live and horrible even to talk about it later. All my condolences to the familiy that got a relative killed by this slaughter.
    Would it be possible for you to share your own personal experiences with the factory fire in the Personal Experiences section of the forum? I would certainly be interested in reading more about this and I am sure others would also.

Comment

I'm appalled at how people from different agencies are passing on the blame on this one. Local government unit is blaming the fire bureau for not checking it. In return, fire bureau blames the local government for giving it a business permit without a fire safety certification. Why can't they both take the blame for it? I live in the Philippines and it pains me to see the lives of those victims being burned when it could have been prevented.

Comment

A simple solution would have been the window grates to be on hinges, and with a lock which could/should be unlocked during working hours.

Ideally there would have been explosion proof ventilation fans removing the fumes from the facility and the adhesion operation would have been in a separate area protected via negative pressure ventilation, blast doors, blast walls and an aggressive fire suppression system.

Comment

That's a really sad situation. I'm really sorry to hear that and my heart goes out with the families who lost family members. I really hope that these issues get sold because a lot of these things happen, even where I am from, factories could be a poison really.

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post
            A simple solution would have been the window grates to be on hinges, and with a lock which could/should be unlocked during working hours.
            The reason why the factory owners would argue against this is they claim that workers were throwing the shoes out the window during business hours and then stealing them at the end of the day and so in order to prevent this from happening they put the grates on all the windows. By then having them unlocked during they day, they would then argue that it would not prevent the workers from stealing the shoes.

Comment

Have they resolved this case yet? The last news I have seen about this is that the welder is the one being blamed for the fire. I just do not know if they arrested him or not.

As for the factory grills that were said to be faulty, yeah, they should have put locks in it instead of fully closing it. Maybe the owners should just have items inventory so that the workers do not steal their shoes.

Comment

Working...
              X