No announcement yet.

What Foods Do You Stockpile?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks again, Billy. I especially appreciate the recommendation on the Excalibur dehydrator as this is what was previously recommended to me and the brand I am most likely to buy. The reviews are almost all overwhelmingly positive and your positive recommendation has given me the final push to go ahead and make the purchase. Once it arrives, I am sure I will have a bunch more questions for you, especially regarding making beef jerky as this is something I would really like to do.

Comment

I store Powdered milk,more like a stock pile on my kit.While most people donít particularly like the flavor of powdered milk, when you donít have any access to other milk, itís wonderful. Itís also necessary for baking and provides needed calcium for proper bone growth.
      Oh forgot, dried fruits as well.I could use it for years together as well.

Comment

I make sure I've got enough canned foods which can be eaten cold if needed. If your planned method of cooking fails then you've still got food which is fairly palatable, which makes all the difference to morale.

Comment

Originally posted by dillinger10 View Post
          Thanks again, Billy. I especially appreciate the recommendation on the Excalibur dehydrator as this is what was previously recommended to me and the brand I am most likely to buy. The reviews are almost all overwhelmingly positive and your positive recommendation has given me the final push to go ahead and make the purchase. Once it arrives, I am sure I will have a bunch more questions for you, especially regarding making beef jerky as this is something I would really like to do.
          If you have a food processor you can make flour from the following dehydrated veggies and fruits:

Coconut,Taro,Sweet potato,Pumpkin ,Squash,Pumpkin seeds, unripe bananas, unripe plantains ,potato ,beets and manioc.

The pulp from the juicers can also be used for making flour. You can make bread, cookies and pancakes out of them. Vegetable flour is also good for people who wanted to have less calories and more fiber. They were also popular to people who wanted to have a gluten free lifestyle. I love making my own flour because I am a hundred percent sure it doesnt have chemicals used in commercial flours.

Comment

We stockpile the usual nonperishable things like canned fruits and vegetables, peanut butter, freeze-dried foods, canned meat, and bottled water. Another thing that I was taught to stockpile in case of emergency is cheap vodka. If something happens, it can be used as trade or for medical use. First aid supplies are also a must.

Comment

For Indians I think it would be rice - brown or white. Their shelf life is very good. But the main issue is that you need more fuel and time to cook it. We can also stockpile dried coconuts which can be used for various purposes.

By Gods grace, in our area disasters are not common till now except a few landslides and minor floods.

Comment

I am terrible when it comes to buying in bulk! I always try to find the best deal on bottle water. I will buy 10 cases at a time if I can find a place where it is on sale. Also, I buy canned soup like a crazy women. Again if it is on sale I buy huge quantities. I keep my pantry full of canned foods always. It has a great shelf life and plus easy and quick to make for the kids.

Comment

Working...
                X