The children in my family were picky eaters

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The children in my family were picky eaters

I don't know what is wrong with the parenting skills of my siblings but all of my nephews and nieces are picky eaters. They were the last people I will treat on a restaurant because they will not eat 97 ℅of the food in the menu. They were obsessed with this certain fast food. These children upsets me because with all the starving children in Africa, here they are treating dinner time and lunch time like a punishment. They don't like vegetables, they don't like fish, they don't like cooked meat sliced in bite size pieces. They only like processed meat like hot dogs, sausages, ham, hamburg steak.

I am just just their uncle so I don't really have an authority over them but I wish If I am a dad I won't be able to produce picky eater brats. If I will have kids, I want them to be thankful on what is available instead of demanding what is not available. I don't enjoy family gatherings because of those children. Sorry if I am upset it I just attended the worst family reunion ever because those brats ruined everything. The world is going through a crisis so parents should raise their kids to be happy on what is available.
    Last edited by Billy; 06-19-2015, 01:07 AM.

I remember this line I always hear from people I knew when they talk to their kids. I don't know if you've heard it before but whenever children don't eat all the food from their plates, they would hear the line "there are many kids experiencing hunger right now." This line is so simple yet it can tickle someone who doesn't appreciate the value of food's conscience. If privileged people could only see how hard it is for the hungry and famish people to find food, they'll begin to value each bit of food they put into their mouths.

Comment

Originally posted by gracer View Post
      I remember this line I always hear from people I knew when they talk to their kids. I don't know if you've heard it before but whenever children don't eat all the food from their plates, they would hear the line "there are many kids experiencing hunger right now." This line is so simple yet it can tickle someone who doesn't appreciate the value of food's conscience. If privileged people could only see how hard it is for the hungry and famish people to find food, they'll begin to value each bit of food they put into their mouths.
      I tried to use that line to my niece and you know what the brat said? " I don't give a damn about them." It really makes me angry because my siblings spoil their kids into these brats who are ingrates. I wish these kids will appreciate what they have and not demand what is not available. I hope when I become a dad my kids won't be like my nephews and nieces. I am not bratty when I was a kid and my siblings were not bratty neither. I don't know why their kids are like this.
      Last edited by Billy; 06-16-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

You are not alone. I have niece and nephews too that don't eat vegetables. Even vegetables added with meat are not being eaten. Kids nowadays! This is whats becoming to the future, inequality of food distribution that leads to double triple poverty rates. As for Africa, we can't deny that "Hunger Games" is on the continent. Africa, deserted area where vegetables can't grow, where kids are starving, where a drop of water is considered a diamond, a precious one where a spoon of rice is a huge blessing to them yet we are here wasting a bag of rice, wasting vegetables letting it be rotten. People on this generation don't know the value of food, the feeling and the situation of this world.

Comment

• Billy
          Billy commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried to make these kids watch documentaries about poverty and child labor in hopes of making them come into their senses and all they did is to complain about how boring it is. These kids lives in 3rd world country and they kept on complaining about first world problems. They were not even rich, their family is just semi upper middle class. I want to love these kids because they were blood. I want to have a positive impact on their lives but now, I don't want to invite them on my birthday. Once I have kids, I am not sure If I will make them hang out with heir cousins.

I blame fast food as the reason why many kids are becoming picky eaters. They love fast food because the MSG made the food tasty and some of the chemicals makes the meat tender. My nephews don't like home cooked meat dishes because they were not as tender then ones from the fast food and they crave the umami taste from the MSG. I want to have kids who felt blessed and thankful whatever is served on the table. I want them to appreciate the hard work the farmers did so they have something to eat.

I can blame my siblings for bad parenting, they rather order food than cook at home because of their lazyness. I found it understandable if kids hate vegetables but kids hating unprocessed meat is way to far. The mascots of those fast foods are evil to me. I hate them for being good marketing for kids.

Comment

I was a picky eater when I was a boy. And since I was living with my grandma during my early grade school years, I was kind of spoiled. Would you believe that I was such a brat that I wouldn't eat a fried egg if the yolk was not in the middle? A perfect sunny side up eh? And I never eat fish. With vegetables, I seldom eat except for the squash. Fortunately I had changed my eating habits and not I eat almost anything that is on the dining table.

Comment

That's a sad concept today in our society, being a very picky eater and not choosing to eat certain things and be completely happy with it. It is sort of like greed where once you have the riches, you would always prefer the snobby over the plain.

Comment

• Billy
              Billy commented
              Editing a comment
              All of my 3 sibling s have picky eater children and it make me nervous I will end no having one as well. None of my siblings and I were picky eaters as kids. So I am sure my nephews and nieces of it from then spouses of my siblings. I hope I will learn how to prevent kids from becoming picky eaters. I want to have kids who were greatful for the blessings they received.

Well, there are certainly some foods that I dislike and would never choose to eat but I'll happily eat most things. I wasn't allowed to get away with being a picky eater when I was a girl though and I bet it was the same for the majority of you. My mother never caved in to my whining and I was always told that what was on my plate was all I was getting!

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandoy View Post
              I was a picky eater when I was a boy. And since I was living with my grandma during my early grade school years, I was kind of spoiled. Would you believe that I was such a brat that I wouldn't eat a fried egg if the yolk was not in the middle? A perfect sunny side up eh? And I never eat fish. With vegetables, I seldom eat except for the squash. Fortunately I had changed my eating habits and not I eat almost anything that is on the dining table.

Something that makes me wonder, parents are so strict to their children but they were very lenient to their grand children t the point of the kids being spoiled. I mean there should be some sort of balance. So what is the miracle that happened that you changed your ways. I want to see some glimmer of hope to my nephews and nieces. My heart is broken because of the brats they become. Aside from being picky eaters, the kids were kind of racist as well. I am not a parent yet but I felt like I will be a better parent than my older siblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post

Something that makes me wonder, parents are so strict to their children but they were very lenient to their grand children t the point of the kids being spoiled. I mean there should be some sort of balance. So what is the miracle that happened that you changed your ways. I want to see some glimmer of hope to my nephews and nieces. My heart is broken because of the brats they become. Aside from being picky eaters, the kids were kind of racist as well. I am not a parent yet but I felt like I will be a better parent than my older siblings.
                It has to do with nurture a lot as it seems though.

Comment

You can't blame the kids. It's the parent fault. They enable the kids to act this way. In my culture that crap wouldn't happen. I would buy the food that I think the kids need to eat, and that's it. They don't have a say in anything. If the refuse to eat the food that I prepare, then they don't eat. You can also forget about eating out. They want to eat out, then they spend their own money for that.

Comment

I also want to blame that fat red insect mascot with TV commercial every hour. Kids loves that mascot so much they will always want o eat on his fast food. I will never ever let my future kids to meet that character. I recently found out that he spouses of my siblings are picky eaters as kids. So they have a major influence because of it,

Comment

My future step daughter is 8 and is so picky it's insane. Her mom wasn't much guidance and let her consume mostly junk and sugar so changing her habits has been a huge battle. She only wants to drink coke, eat pizza and wings and candy and picks at everything else!

Comment

Originally posted by SarahWorksAtHome View Post
                        My future step daughter is 8 and is so picky it's insane. Her mom wasn't much guidance and let her consume mostly junk and sugar so changing her habits has been a huge battle. She only wants to drink coke, eat pizza and wings and candy and picks at everything else!
                        It is going to be a hard batlle to change her ways but you can actually have control of her life because you are her guardian , once you marry her dad.I have no control of my nephews and nieces because I am only their uncle and I am not their guardian. You can actually have some influence her because you will live in the same house. It is of going to be an easy war for you to win but it is possible to gradually influence her eating habits. I am sure you are uoto the challenge. She will hate you but in the end she will realize it is for her own good.

Comment

Sometimes threatening them with no dessert will convince them. That's how my parents did it. And it worked on us!

Comment

Working...
                          X