Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you believe in rain water harvesting?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bala View Post

More like tapping it in a bucket ?
    Would that suffice for home needs ?
    They could have a catchment area at least,at a cheap price and then use Alum to purify it from the drain.We cannot use it for drinking,but vehicle cleaning/washrooms,utensils should go well with this.

In fact many an african countries have adopted this.It is easy and shouldn't involve more than a couple of hundred dollars.
    It is not safe for us to use it for drinking. We just use the water on our comfort rooms. We use it for bathing also though we don't use it for food. There are times the rain contains something, a chemical I guess if there would be bad rhythm on the process of condensation. Honestly rain alone cannot suffice our home needs. We do have water source but there are schedules on using the water on our community because we lack enough water supply and source.

Comment

Originally posted by Jade Mae View Post
      It is not safe for us to use it for drinking. We just use the water on our comfort rooms. We use it for bathing also though we don't use it for food. There are times the rain contains something, a chemical I guess if there would be bad rhythm on the process of condensation. Honestly rain alone cannot suffice our home needs. We do have water source but there are schedules on using the water on our community because we lack enough water supply and source.
      Are you talking about acid rain ?
      Of course rain water ain't suffice to meet your needs,its a supplement and has always been one.The concept behind is being understood and its projected as a flaw.
      We use rain water because for some of our needs we needn't waste our precious ground water sources.More like cleaning,washroom activities etc.

Good that we have a platfor to discuss on this,lest people wil ludnerstand it the wrong way.

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post

Are you talking about acid rain ?
        Of course rain water ain't suffice to meet your needs,its a supplement and has always been one.The concept behind is being understood and its projected as a flaw.
        We use rain water because for some of our needs we needn't waste our precious ground water sources.More like cleaning,washroom activities etc.

Good that we have a platfor to discuss on this,lest people wil ludnerstand it the wrong way.
        Acid rain - exactly . There was one time in ive watched in the news that the content of acid rain was so severe. I mean the rain contains much of it and it destroy the quality of plants and even cars and buildings are affected. I have read a news article that acid rain can also destroy the quality of the soil and even the quality of fresh water. Indeed it is not safe for drinking.

Comment

We have a large drum my husband prepared. We don't bother with filtering it then. But because of issues like acid rain and other kinds of pollutants we have a 2 gallon water filter (charcoal filtered). If we need more than 2 gallons we'll boil it instead

Comment

There is no doubt that rain water harvesting is a very effective way to preserve water and it is the need of the hour. But what I think is that most of the people are yet to become aware of its potential benefits. Water crisis is becoming a grave concern which needs immediate attention from both Government and public. Rain water harvesting is the best way to recharge earth with water. We can even use the rain water which falls on our terrace for this purpose. Government should come forward with various plans and subsidies to encourage active participation from public. If we do not save water now, next world war could be for water!

Comment

I never thought of doing it but I can see the benefits. I'm not from an area which is prone to long-term droughts of water shortage in general so I don't feel the need to harvest rain water. Depending on the equipment needed I may end up losing money instead of saving.

Comment

I haven't done it yet but it seems a really good idea of taking advantage of all the water that is being wasted, on my country rains a lot in summer, so I guess I will try it but I'm not sure if it's safe... Sometimes rain can have contamination on it, so I guess that I will use it to clean my patio or things like that!

Comment

Working...
                X