No announcement yet.

Fighting Hunger in your Own Country Versus Fighting Hunger in Foreign Countries

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would suggest fighting hunger in your own country first, but i think it depends with the country you live in, developed countries like USA, UK and china, people living there can manage to fight hunger in their own countries as well as fighting hunger in other countries because they are economically and financially stable.

Comment

There is a reason though why its easier to help people on developing countries, Lower cost of living! 25 US dollars can feed a skinny person or 2 but that 25 US dollar can feed a family for days in Africa. Whether its helping people from your own country or people from another country. Its better to teach a man how to fish instead of giving them fish. People with financial problems should be helped by giving them livelihood instead of simply feeding them. Let them learn to be resourceful on what is available. Teach them skills that can help them survive their current situation. Instead of giving food stamps to the homeless people on New York, make them join a cooperative where they will have a livelihood. Instead of giving children in Africa a peace of bread, teach their parents livelihood programs and give them education.
      Last edited by Billy; 07-16-2015, 05:14 AM.

Comment

Frankly, I am sad when I see the commercials about children in other countries who don't have enough to eat. However, I know there are children in my own city who aren't eating enough, not to mention the adults. There are so many kids who wouldn't eat much all day if it weren't for the free breakfasts and lunches that are provided at their schools. Our city did start a thing this summer that allows any child under the age of 18 to come and have a free lunch, no questions asked, 7 days a week. It's expensive for the tax payers, but I don't think any child should do without food.

Comment

I think rather then feeding people, its better to give people livelihood. This is going to work for both local and international scale. Providing jobs is better than giving people rations and food stamps. So Whether you can to help people on your very own country or people abroad, giving them jobs or teaching them how to start a small business. Don't give them opportunities, make them make their own opportunities. Rather then giving them money to buy bread. Give them the job so they can buy bread.
          Last edited by Billy; 07-27-2015, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I don't know that it is an "either/or" proposition. Charitable work in the field of world hunger can be done locally or globally. Many individuals do both.
            "Success is survival." ~ Leonard Cohen

Comment

Working...
            X