Food Stolen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Stolen

One of the issues that some countries run into is that the food that is sent is stolen by radicals. These are countries that are generally at war. It becomes difficult to get food to the people that need it. Is there a solution is the question. Troops would be a challenge. After what happened in Somalia years ago, we realized how hard it would be. It is truly sad and it seems like its almost impossible for us on the outside to do much about it. But there has to be a solution.

It is heart breaking to know that those people who need it most don't get what they deserve, especially a very basic human right of having food. In our country, it is worse. It's the government who steals the donations from other countries to aid those who have been victims of super typhoons and other disasters.

Comment

It is so sad when you can't even count on your own government to do the right thing. I am not sure what could be done different to ensure that food got to its intended people other than to deliver it directly to the people. That would take a lot of resources and could be quite a dangerous feat if radicals attacked when the distribution happened.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBang View Post
        It is heart breaking to know that those people who need it most don't get what they deserve, especially a very basic human right of having food. In our country, it is worse. It's the government who steals the donations from other countries to aid those who have been victims of super typhoons and other disasters.

I know what you're talking about. When typhoon haiyan hit the Philippines and the USA dispatched the military and food supplies. One of the main directives was not to let the Philippines Government touch or handle the food supplies that is to help with relief efforts. I wasn't surprised that order was issued and made public.

Comment

Food is the most important in our life and nobody can steal it from us, nor will prohibit us from getting it. It is so disappointing that even our own government will be the number one of preventing us from exercising our rights for having food. And food should be available enough to satisfy the needs of individuals who were victims of any kinds of disasters that, sad to say, they are having a hard time getting access to it.

Comment

It's a sad situation, but even more sad is that it happens frequently in those types of civil unrest backward authoritarian regimes. Food essentially is very good tool in controlling poor populations and it's no surprise that some notorious elements are taking advantage of this.

Comment

This is one of the absurd effects of poverty. Can't think how people would steal food from those who needed it the most. Oh, what a world we have today. It's really saddening.

Comment

When I was in middle school my school ask us to bring food for people in another state that had been affected by a big hurricane, and all of us bringed the basis: canned food and water. After that, it was supposed that they were going to send a truck to transport that food to that state, but somehow we realized that some of the professors were stealing that food! Ugh! I felt so impotent and sad that time, it was supposed to be for the poor people, it was not fair, and it is still not fair.

Comment

Originally posted by BigBang View Post

Yes, I totally agree with you friend. Politics is the worst thing happening to us. Once they are into power they will do anything for their selfish interests. Most of our public distribution systems are not working properly due to selfish interests of these politicians. In our country there a lot of people who are below poverty line and they are are real sufferers. They will not get what they are entitled to as per law.

Comment

Working...
                  X