MERS COV positive foreigner in the Philippines

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MERS COV positive foreigner in the Philippines

A 36 year old woman from the middle east tested positive for the deadly disease MERS COV. The Department of Health secretary Garin, confirmed the case but withheld the name of the patient. The said patient is being treated at Research Institute for Tropical Medicine in Muntinlupa.

A close friend of the woman was also isolated for MERS COV testing. This case was told at the DOH last July 4.

Source: http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/703153/...itive-for-mers

I remember there is an update about her and she is now fully recovered and rehabilitated. I believe this is reported on our local primetime news few days ago. Its nice that the government takes this issue seriously.
    She is already able to go home because she don't have any signs and symptoms anymore. The employees of the hospital where she is quarantined too but all of them are thankfully negative from this scary disease. It is nice when a scary news like this ends up with a happy ending. I am happy that no outbreak happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy View Post
      I remember there is an update about her and she is now fully recovered and rehabilitated. I believe this is reported on our local primetime news few days ago. Its nice that the government takes this issue seriously.
      She is already able to go home because she don't have any signs and symptoms anymore. The employees of the hospital where she is quarantined too but all of them are thankfully negative from this scary disease. It is nice when a scary news like this ends up with a happy ending. I am happy that no outbreak happened.
      Thank you for the update! This is indeed good news! I think our DOH is one of the good sectors albeit not perfect. I remember that they even sent the volunteer workers that were exposed to MERS COV to an island to make sure that they do not spread the disease. It is an extreme act but very commendable. I hope they continue with the good work.

Comment

I hope the PHL government speed up their monitoring and tracking of those exposed to contain any spread of the MERS virus because the place,is like a magnet for sex tourism for men throughout the world.If anyone breaks quarantine,they should be charged with culpable homicide.
        Sometimes you need to enforce tough laws to controls a bad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by bala View Post
          I hope the PHL government speed up their monitoring and tracking of those exposed to contain any spread of the MERS virus because the place,is like a magnet for sex tourism for men throughout the world.If anyone breaks quarantine,they should be charged with culpable homicide.
          Sometimes you need to enforce tough laws to controls a bad situation.
          You realize that you don't have to have sex to get MERS? Nice ot see that you are worried about the sex tourism more then the actual normal physical contact that goes on at the airport. That should be the concern detection and the containment of spreading MERS. It shouldn't be "we have to make sure our women don't get it from sex tourism".

Comment

Originally posted by JoshPosh View Post

You realize that you don't have to have sex to get MERS? Nice ot see that you are worried about the sex tourism more then the actual normal physical contact that goes on at the airport. That should be the concern detection and the containment of spreading MERS. It shouldn't be "we have to make sure our women don't get it from sex tourism".
            You realize its not necessary for two people to think on same lines.? Read it again,as is AIDS MERS too can be difficult to control once exposed,and Philippines being renowned for sex workers, i had made a point on it.
            Of course understood that it ain't that these women don't get it from sex tourism but a caution is better.You never know the count on how many have been exposed right ?
            lemme know if its wrong to even think on a different line, here..!!

Comment

Working...
            X